Loan for Advance Payment on Motability? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loan for Advance Payment on Motability?

ynut
ynut Community member Posts: 1 Listener
can we get a loan if we are on PIP. Its for teh advanced car payment on mobility

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Hello @ynut thanks for your query, you might be able to apply for a grant to help cover the cost of Advance Payment for the vehicle you require, you can read more about that here.

I've marked your post as unanswered so that our members can find it, and moved it into our transport category. If you have any other questions in the meantime please let us know.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    It will depend on the reasons why you need the grant. For example, if you need help with the AP of a WAV then your application will be more likely to be accepted. If it's for an advance payment of a vehicle with a high spec then there's likely to be less chance of receiving a grant.
    All you can do is ring to make enquiries and then apply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hi @ynut :) 

Thanks for your query. I hope both @Alex_Scope and @poppy123456, have been able to answer your question? 

I do also think that enquiring about the different loan options is the best route to go down. Whether that be emailing various companies or speaking to them over the phone. Do you feel comfortable in doing this?
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.