Heated Shoulder Support Brace advice please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heated Shoulder Support Brace advice please

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
I suffer from chronic pain and at the moment i put hot water bottles on my shoulder. I suffer from pain on top of the shoulder and also on the side of the shoulder. My daughter has seen this product but i am not sure about it.

I would like to know if anyone has bought one as some of the reviews are positive and some are negative. Some say it stops working after a couple of weeks or months

Is this product worth buying or is there something better

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @happyfella :) 

I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience of this product, or anything particularly similar, so I can't really give a personal recommendation. I've marked your post as unanswered so that other members can see you haven't had an answer yet. 

It can often be difficult to know whether to trust reviews, as they can be quite unreliable! Does the product have any kind of warranty or returns policy? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @happyfella :) 

I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience of this product, or anything particularly similar, so I can't really give a personal recommendation. I've marked your post as unanswered so that other members can see you haven't had an answer yet. 

It can often be difficult to know whether to trust reviews, as they can be quite unreliable! Does the product have any kind of warranty or returns policy? 

it says there are 12 months guarantee from amazon. but i have looked at the same product through different amazon sellers and they are all saying the same negative things. one seller has somehow managed to block his reviews being shown on the product.

It just so happens, my wife brought home from work a v shaped pillow that is for neck and shoulder support and at the moment it is giving me support which is great.

One thing i have noticed when searching online, is there are not many great online stores for chronic pain.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As a long retired physio, I actually wouldn't recommend a shoulder brace, unless recommended by your GP or a physio. There isn't sufficient evidence to support bracing unless in the case of shoulder joint instability, & not always then!
    My first thought was a V-shaped pillow, & great you're finding one helpful. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.