Green Poo — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Green Poo

Options
chlooooxxx
chlooooxxx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hey all, a bit of an embarrassing one but I’ve had green poo for 6 days now.it’s nothing to do with anything I eat as I don’t eat or drink anything green. I usually open bowels once every 2 days and now I’m going 2-3 times a day. I’ve also got a  discomfort feeling in my stomach. Contacted Drs but can’t get an appointment as of yet. Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @chlooooxxx

Thank you for your comment and please don't be embarrassed, bowel movements are a normal part of life and it's good to speak openly about them, especially when they become slightly different from your normal bowel habits. 

It's great that you've contacted the GP as this should be the first step you take, as they're professionals and will be able to advise accordingly. I think it would be good to keep contacting the doctors and push for an appointment, as it's always good to get these things checked out. 

I have just done a google search and sourced this information from a reputable source (i.e., the mayo clinic). This might help advise a little further, however, I would still recommend that you speak to your GP and get their support:
    If you have any other questions, please just let us know.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    I do think you need to see your gp, especially as you are getting stomach pains, but eating anything with a blue food colouring, particularly sweets, will turn your poo green.  Please don't ask how I know this...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.