Survey for parents of children with CP - Respondents urgently needed! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Survey for parents of children with CP - Respondents urgently needed!

Options
lucygracekemp
lucygracekemp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm Lucy, an 18 year old college student.

I am currently undertaking an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), looking into the evidence there is to support the efficacy of different therapy treatments on children with Cerebral Palsy. I've produced a survey to help with my research and was wondering if there were any parents of children with CP who wouldn't mind filling this out on their child's behalf. 
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=J_mU1Mq1YkSNXHKkyvagWWmqGgBhxPJLnqKqZRdVd0dUMjhEV0tPWlA4NDlIRUlMWlMzNjI4Q0lETi4u 

Thank you so much

Comments

• lucygracekemp
    lucygracekemp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lucy, an 18 year old college student.

I am currently undertaking an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), looking into the evidence there is to support the efficacy of different therapy treatments on children with Cerebral Palsy. I've produced a survey to help with my research and was wondering if there were any parents of children with CP who wouldn't mind filling this out on their child's behalf. 
    https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=J_mU1Mq1YkSNXHKkyvagWWmqGgBhxPJLnqKqZRdVd0dUMjhEV0tPWlA4NDlIRUlMWlMzNjI4Q0lETi4u 

Thank you so much
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lucygracekemp

Welcome to the community, thank you for thinking of us when carrying out your research.

I wish you all the best with it, and for the rest of your EPQ.

events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lucygracekemp - & welcome to the community. I hope you don't mind, but I've looked at your survey. With therapies, you mention physio, then hydrotherapy; whom do you imagine might give hydrotherapy?
    I can't comment upon hippotherapy, whilst appreciating it could help children with CP. Your last 'therapy' link is to 'intensive suit therapy.' How widespread do you think this is in the UK?
    Might your questions rather reflect on the diversity of therapies currently available in the UK?

• forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 504 Pioneering
    Options
    I've done it...in a way I think you need to be be a bit more specific in asking people which suit therapy (there are a few different approaches) and what kinds of physio (ditto).  And of course you haven't asked at all about other things like Conductive Education; but maybe you only want to look at NHS type provision?  This is a huge subject; and I know how much work needs to go  into an EPQ (and that they are marked by people who almost always know nothing about the subject under discussion!)  Good luck
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi

The survey idea looks interesting I can certainly spread the word for you. 😀

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.