Hi, my name is Annian88! For the last three weeks I have been going round in circles — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Annian88! For the last three weeks I have been going round in circles

Options
Annian88
Annian88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Good evening 
I am looking for advice please
For the last 3 weeks I have been going round in circles with the wheelchair service social services financial service ccg ect 
My mum is 87 in a care home with dementia she cannot walk and has received disability for many years .
She was given a wheelchair in the community this was serviced until recently then it was written off.
She now has no wheelchair of her own the wheelchair service refuse to supply chairs to care homes . And the care homes only responsibilities are to provide a chair for transportation. 
No one is responsible for replacing my mums wheelchair , she is given 24.90 a week to survive on she has no savings 
The council take her disability money off her but will not provide her with anything she needs regarding her disability its ridiculous. 
There is a big hole for anyone in a care home that has limited financial needs to receive any mobility equipment they need wheelchairs and riser chairs 
This has to change there must be provisions made for our elderly in care homes when they need equipment. 
I want to battle this for everyone but I don't know how to start .
I have a social worker on my side who's fed up seeing this happen and then the persons just is just forgotten .
Can this be changed we don't stop other nhs services in a home  like glasses and dental.
How can you take a person's money and there disability money then refuse to provide them with a wheelchair 
It should be in there care package or the NHS should pay .
Any ideas help or information on how to try and get this changed would be gratefully received 
Many thanks for your time Ann xx
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,126 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Annian88 welcome to the forum.  Sorry to read a out your moms wheelchair. I wouldn't know where you would get started on this. While your mom is in the home they would provide a chair for your mom to access anywhere she wants to go within the building. The reason people can't keep a chair in the home, is that they only have so many for everyone. It might be worth buying a second hand 1 from market place on face book or sometimes charity's have them also. It might not help with your cause long term, but would help short term. 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Annian88 I just wanted to see how things have been since you first posted on the forum?

I'm sorry we haven't been able to advise and support you as well as we'd have like to, so please accept our apologies. 

Has the situation with your mum's wheelchair, or lack of one, improved at all since January?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.