Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Will Boris Have A Party When He Resigns

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 504 Pioneering
Could not resist the headline, but on a serious matter are you shocked as I am over all this. We stayed safe all that time while he ignored the rules. What makes me more angry is how his MPs ignore what the voter wants and instead are supporting him like he has done nothing wrong.

We are supposed to live in a decomcrated country, but in all honest MPs do not listen to the people, they are out for their own careers.

It has come to a point where we can no longer trust any MP. I was in hospital yesterday and the nurses and doctors were talking about Boris and they were saying how disgusted they were, and how they feel he is laughing at them for all the hard work they have done during the pandemic.

One nurse I spoke to said when Boris said about leaving the EU he said all this money would be given to the NHS but that has never happened.

I feel so sorry for the hardworking NHS on how they get ignored. It does not matter which party is in power, they are used as a tool to get voted in and then when they are voted in they get ignored and all promises vanish.

A nurse yesterday was saying it was her last day working in the NHS because she felt Boris Johnson was laughing at her. SHe said she had resigned. Another nurse said she was leaving for the same reason and was taking time out to see what she would do next.

Instead of Boris having a party when he leaves, maybe the country and the NHS should have one

Comments

• happyfella
    Options
    My brother in law works for the NHS as well and he just feels shocked. Not everything that Boris did through the pandemic was bad. I think the finance they provided to help businesses and also the furlough scheme was great. I think the idea of paying people to go out to eat was a stupid idea. But the point of the parties is a huge insult. I know a lot of people who have worked for the NHS and who still work with the NHS and they feel angry over the parties. I have always said from day one that in such a unique position what should have happened from day one was a coalition government so everyone worked together instead of different parties trying to score against each other when the country and the world were at risk
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,109 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think 99% of the population are really annoyed about this party business, we all (if we had any sense) obeyed the rules and this lot acted like they were a race apart, shame on them.

2024 Election won

• happyfella
    Options
    A lot of people i have been speaking to have said MPs are like an alien breed. We had a local MP who lasted one term. She made all these promises before she was elected with laugable claims that everyone in our area who wanted a job will have a job as she will bring in tens of thousands of jobs into the area. When it came to re-election she was thrown out by the people. Now she has a very chushy pension for being an MP for one term.

In a real world i would like to see working class people in power and not the rich. It would be good to see people in power who understand how it is to be working class. It will never happen and that is why the country is in such a state.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m 50/50. Disgusting he did party when we all was home and I had to shield, however, if we was under Labour I’d of been a lot more isolated than I am now I can see family seeing as all they call for is lockdown- glad we didn’t bother in December now. Think we should learn to live with COVID like he announced today. Don’t think he’ll go. Not disagreeing that he shouldn’t go but my opinion.
  • happyfella
    Options
    I was a labour person but to be honest i have no faith in the labour leader. It is like we are stuck in the middle. we have a guy who loves his parties and his MPs that do not understand the real world and look after themselves, and then we have a labour leader who is clueless. I do love the deputy labour leader. She is down to earth and is very funny.

My wife said to me at the begining of COVID that we need to get shopping in etc, and she said this is going to be a serious problem. I thought with all the other claims in the past couple of years about these other diseases which never happend that this was just another false alarm. But my wife was spot on. She made sure we had things in place like face masks, food, and cleaning products. I dismissed it but she was right.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mike what does this mean on your comment ??
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Oh ok not used to you writing just one word lol 😆 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Very crptic  @Teddybear12 we all have our opinions and I value you yours but I think borris should go 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I think Mike on here might make a better job of it lol no one I can see are going to do any better I am going to upset everyone now I think we should have a president  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lisathomas50 said:.. I think we should have a president  
    We seem to have morphed over the last twenty to thirty years into a more presidential style of government anyway.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I see a very bright future for Boris ...in the events industry!

the sooner the better.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    I think they'll have to drag him out kicking and screaming. 

I doubt he'll go willingly, he doesn't have to moral compass to understand what he's done wrong.
  • happyfella
    Options
    It has now been revealed other Minsters were at the party
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    They are all the same 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.