Scooter or Powered Wheelchair for off roaring! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scooter or Powered Wheelchair for off roaring!

Options
Zopoll
Zopoll Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Hello all, I am in the market to purchase my first powered wheelchair or scooter but I have absolutely no experience and no clue.

I am looking for either a Scooter or Powered Wheelchair that is robust enough to comfortably manage rough ground such as grass or shingle, as I'm hoping to go to accessible RSPB sites etc. It also needs to be fairly lightweight, folds up easily and small to be able to go in a smallish boot.

I have about £1300 to spend but could go slightly higher if needed. 

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Zopoll :) I'm not a powered wheelchair user myself, so I don't have any personal recommendations to make unfortunately. I've marked your post as unanswered to flag to our other members that you haven't had a response yet. 

Have you visited any shops in-person that sell powered wheelchairs or mobility scooters? Some people find this helpful to scope out which products might be a good fit for them, even if they don't end up buying the product from that shop. 

I hope that you manage to find something!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Zopoll
    Zopoll Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hello Tori, thank you for replying. No, I haven't visited a showroom as I need someone to come with me which takes a bit of organising but I do hope to do that. The only other thing I would say is that it appears that most showrooms near me don't have any collapsible motorised wheelchairs to try and I would like to compare these. Thanks again.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, personally I haven’t used a mobility scooter, but I do have an electric wheelchair. Have you tried the freedom brand, as they do offer folding electric wheelchairs
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.