Illegal Parking on Double Yellow Lines with a Blue Badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Illegal Parking on Double Yellow Lines with a Blue Badge

racyguy
racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
Received my first ever parking ticket yesterday in 56 years of driving. Seems that the council had laid double yellows along the whole length of the High Street which on it's own is not a problem as I would have 3 hours of parking on them.
What I did not notice was a sign attached to a lamp post stating that along that road (where all of the shops are) you could not park on there from 7am to 7pm!! Seems that the disabled drivers of that town could only park close to all of the shops either before 7am or after 7pm.Not much point really as all of the shops would be closed.
Stupid idea!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @racyguy I'm sorry to hear about your parking ticket. As far as I know, local to me anyway, blue badge holders are entitled to park on single or double yellow lines for a maximum of 3 hours. So unless your local council has recently changed that entitlement in your area, you shouldn't have been issued a ticket. 

I think this is an issue you'll need to take up with the parking department at your local council. This information from the GOV.uk website should help:

"Yellow lines

Badge holders may park on single or double yellow lines for up to 3 hours, but in general not where there are restrictions on loading or unloading – indicated by yellow kerb dashes and / or signs on plates. You may wish to check whether a particular local council has chosen to exempt Blue Badge holders from this restriction."

Let us know how you get on, or if we can help you any further.

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.