If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Anyone on lcw but now lcwra? Do you have to go to the jobcentre and do many tasks?

Options
charl1980
charl1980 Community member Posts: 136 Courageous
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I get limited capacity for work and partner has lcwra, I have received a sudden jc appointment, my commitment says nothing about having to look for work etc and I work three days a week I got limited capacity for work due to long covid and other health issues associated from that my lcw was granted for one year till end march 2020 , I'm panicking like mad as to what this appointment is and what they will expect from me, I suffer huge anxiety depression and fatigue due to long covid and this has not changed since last assessment, do I need to be worried I'm really scared they will try to get me to look for more hours and I'm simply incapable I thourght if u was on lcw they left u alone so scared right now! Help!!!!

Comments

• charl1980
    Options
    Can I also add I earn 850 a month and I also thourght if u earned so much a month they left u alone also xx
  • charl1980
    Options
    Sorry end of March 2022 should say
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,195 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    We can only guess what it could be regarding. I'd advise you to put a message onto your journal to ask what the appointment is for. Usually when you're found to have LCW then they do expect you to attend appointments, although as you're working this shouldn't apply.
    I'm assuming they known you're working?
    As an added thought did your claim for UC start during the pandemic? If it did then they are sending out appointments for people to attend their local JC just to confirm their claimant commitments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    LCW is not granted for a fixed period of time. DWP will have a suggested review date on your file but until you have a new assessment and a new decision is made your LCW status is ongoing.

As you have LCW you are expected to attend occasional work focused interviews and your appointment is probably one of these.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/about-the-esa-groups/

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • charl1980
    Options
    Yes it was during pandemic march 2020 it just says to see what I'm doing tonptepare myself for work I'm having councilling and taking pills for anxiety to try to get better but chronic fatigue is terrible I'm just hopeing they don't have me running about doing this that and other as I only just manage to work shifts I do plus my hours vary so much over a seven day week we only get rotas up to a week before, thanks for advice
  • charl1980
    Options
    Anyone else on lcw had this???? And if so what did they expect u to do
  • charl1980
    edited January 2022
    Options
    If so do u have to go in jobcentre and do many tasks??? I work but only three days due to fatigue from long covid, I honestly thourght as I'm on lcw I'd get left alone but I'm getting called in😭😭😭😭, interested to hear similar situation and what they expect u to do on your clament commitment
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You only get left alone if found to have LCWRA not LCW. It will likely be a very short appointment, nothing to worry about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • charl1980
    Options
    What kind of stuff will they expect me to do ,??? I'm really panicking , I have huge anxiety and fatigue it kills me just doing three shifts a week
  • charl1980
    Options
    Poppy123456 xxx
  • calcotti
    Options
    Have you read the link I posted?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Duplicate thread here 
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/87960/sudden-jobcentre-appointment#latest

The link I posted earlier this evening in that thread gives examples of what you might have to do. 
  • charl1980
    Options
    Yes I did see that thanks just doesn't go into depth I'd like to ask anyone whom works but is on lcw, as surely if I work I won't have to go on courses etc etc
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will totally depend on your claimant commitment. If nothings been agreed because of the pendemic then it could be to agree to this, as i advised on your other thread. We could only guess what could happen and other people's experiences may not help you because their commitments maybe different to yours.
    It is confusing when you have 2 threads with the same questions.
  • charl1980
    Options
    Ok sorry thank you
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've merged your threads now @charl1980, so that all of the comments are in one place :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you experience anxiety, fatigue, and depression. Are you receiving enough support to help you manage these conditions? 

You've also mentioned that working 3 shifts per week is difficult for you. Do you have any reasonable adjustments (Scope) at work at all? Do you think there's anything that could help you to feel less fatigued after working?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• charl1980
    Options
    I'm on lcw I have support froma councillor and I'm under a long covid programme but I just want to know what jobcentre can and cannot make me do when on lcw can I disagree if they try send me on courses after all I have a CV and a job I just don't work more due to my condition
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I would say it's unlikely they will send on any course because you are working. I honestly think you are over thinking this. It's probably a very quick appoiontment. If there are others that also have LCW their work commitments maybe completely different to yours.
  • charl1980
    Options
    Thanks I think u prob correct xx
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.