Is anyone with Scottish Power and is there a fixed tarrif for disabled people — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is anyone with Scottish Power and is there a fixed tarrif for disabled people

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
Hi, i am with scottish power for my gas. My tarrif runs out on the 1st march. I am getting emails from scottish power to choose my next tarrif. I am not sure what to do. Should i just stay on the standard tarrif which is what martin lewis has been saying, or should i choose another tarrif. If so what tarrif would be the best.

I wished there was a special tarrif for disabled people
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Martin Lewis isn't always right, you have one advantage, the change in the price cap will be decided on 7th Feb and will apply from 1st April, so you can wait till 7th Feb before making a decision.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• happyfella
    Options
    i will do that and then compare
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @happyfella :) 

Have you heard of Scope's Disability Energy Support service? Our expert adviser's can help with things like:
    • managing energy and water debt
    • switching tariffs or supplier
    • changing your meter
    • energy and water efficiency
    • accessing benefits, grants, and trusts
    • free fuel vouchers (conditions apply)
    • contacting or complaining to your supplier
    • understanding your gas and electricity bills
    • understanding how to use your heating systems
    • support registering with the Priority Services Register
    Perhaps you could get in touch with them and see whether they're able to offer you some advice?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • happyfella
    Options
    Hi tori. i have contacted them and not heard back from them. i contacted them last week
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am with Scottish Power I am on a fixed rate and I pay 105.00 a month for both gas and electric I moved house in November and I am happy with what I am on 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I forgot to say I have had smart meters installed as well and I am on the priority list with Scottish Power 
  • happyfella
    Options
    I forgot to say I have had smart meters installed as well and I am on the priority list with Scottish Power 

when does your tariff run out
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,213 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm with Octopus energy and still pay £83 per month DD. I'm on the priority list too but it means nothing for energy prices.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @happyfella my tariff has only just started scottish power will tske you through all your options my tariff was offered to me because I am on universal credit mine will be fixed for the next 12 months 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,213 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I love Octopus @poppy123456 but even they’re being hit by this nonsense. At least they showed sufficient sense and respect to email people a detailed fact based explanation. 

Elderly relative with them who is in their 80s and lives alone will see their bill rise to £200pcm if they go fixed but still £160 if they go variable. That’s fairly sobering. 

Same here Mike. Yes, i received that email a few days ago. It did say on the email that if i'm struggling financially with the rise they will do what they can to help.
    That's a very scary increase indeed!  I'm on the variable but only until July this year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.