Feeling pleased — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling pleased

Options
Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,176 Disability Gamechanger
Well, today I cleaned some windows with a struggle, but needed doing. Then I thought, how am I going todo out side windows. So I looked at long poles on line, humming are haring. I don't think I would of managed it, to be honest. So to cut long story short, I messaged a window cleaner,  10 pound a month,  :D problem solved and he's coming tomorrow. What I really want to say is, big problems can be solved.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,755 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I would still consider that an extravagance but I’m a tight git :D 

Well done for getting it sorted though

If only all life’s big problems could be solved for £10 a month though 
  • Sandy_123
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I know it would be good lol, it's something I don't have to think about now. The only thing is I'm now worrying incase the windows are not clean enough for him to  clean, anxiety 
    In reality nothing wrong with them
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Its a great feeling knowing some1 is going to come do it and go, I think we struggle to the point of, surely there's an easier option. That doesn't cost the earth. 
    Plus I bet you get to natter to those old ladies who love it. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's always good to get something done.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Just need a gardener now
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a gardener but every year I have to find somebody new as they either become very unreliable or are no longer available after the winter break 

Also got to find someone new to do my home visit for my foot care as the lady I have has given up working 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I had two gardeners who thought mowing the lawn was enough even tho I had payed more for weeds. Which were left to grow. So no point. 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I'd love all those to be honest, that would be super luxury.  Garden I struggle with as I have to get down to weeds even tho I bought long handled tools. So I tend to try rope family in. But they only will acassionally  :(
    Maybe I'll try get window cleaner to multi task lol
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No choice about having a gardener as I can't do it from my wheelchair even if I could see the grass as well 

Also have no lawn mower but it is something I will be getting toby to do as his chores if I ever buy one 

We do everything else between us 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Its hard isn't it Jane, struggles we all have. I got my mower from lidl few years back think it was 70 pound or round abouts, not bad mowers. Best ones are petrol mowers but I can't start one lol
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can get electric start petrol mowers these days @Sandy_123 But for most modest sized lawns I’d choose a hover mower, and that’s based on quite a bit of experience over the years. Petrol mowers are fine on large lawns of course, especially if they are geared. 

Another problem with petrol mowers is the fumes which you are constantly walking through, especially with an older machine.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Yes with the  fumes, I'm happy with electric I have a flymo strimmer but can't put string in as it just pops out but I don't use flymo string maybe that's why
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @mikehughescq, My Hubby was a Window Cleaner..and he too was of the opinion that the 'pole' method of cleaning did not produce the same outcome.His customers also reiterated  this also..He was never gona be rich at the WC..as he took his time (but never lost a customer)..and also had a soft spot for some of the more elderly customers...who wanted to chat to him for ages...🙂
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We need a window cleaner. During my last search for one none of those I tried were taking on new customers. 

We've since signed up for the Next Door app, so I might have a gander on there to find somebody else in our local community
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Mine was recommended on a fb post that someone else were asking for one, so I zoomed in and pinched him lol. Hopefully you get one soon.

@Justcheckingin15 sounds an ideal window cleaner
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    All done he's just been used a lader
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would be terrified of using a ladder and going up that high :D 

How are the windows looking now?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Clean lol, I don't do ladders I'll go on 2nd step of a step ladder, reluctantly

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.