If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ricky

Options
PharaohMan86
PharaohMan86 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I severely suffer with M.E for 7 years, I'm always very tired & spend most of my time asleep, I can't do any activities because the slightest thing is like running a marathon, mentally I'm really struggling, nice to meet everyone 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @PharaohMan86 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read you have M.E. as this seems a very difficult condition to live with.
    Have you discussed the mental aspect of this with your GP? Hopefully they may be able to help.
    It's good to 'meet' you too, & I'm sure you'll find the community both helpful & supportive. :)
  • PharaohMan86
    PharaohMan86 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank u guys, I'm just hoping to meet people on here who suffer what I go through & for any advice & also to make friendships with people who are the same as me, yes I hav been on at my GP but she is pretty useless, also been to class sessions 5 years ago but I also found it useless lol, nice to meet u guys 🙂
  • MissMarple
    MissMarple Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @PharaohMan86 I'm also a member of the sloth club, need to nap after breakfast.  :smiley: Hope you'll find advice and friends here. I know that even getting online can be difficult when one is exhausted.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @PharaohMan86

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself and your condition :). I've heard M.E is a challenging condition and can be really frustrating at times, given the limited energy levels. Do you feel as though you're getting enough support from family/friends to help you with the condition? 

Thank you for reaching out and I hope you find the community a welcoming and friendly place. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Dempseym
    Dempseym Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @PharaohMan86,
    Welcome to the community.   I am glad you have joined our community, welcome!  It must be very difficult for you but we are here for you no matter what your disability throws at you we are here for you. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    Hello @PharaohMan86 I would like to welcome you to the community. 
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Morning @PharaohMan86,
    Thank-you so much for taking the time and using up some of your energy to tell us a bit about your story here. I have a few friends with M.E and their experiences sound so similar to yours, so I wanted to reassure you that you're not alone. I'm also really glad to see that this post has found a few people with M.E from the community, too. I hope that you'll have a chance to connect and feel less isolated. I know that there has been so much difficulty around the NICE guidelines for treatment, which has made it harder for a lot of people to access the right support, too. If you aren't having much luck with your current GP, it may be worth looking to see if it's possible for you to get an appointment with someone else. As ever, everything is a fight & its one that can be exhausting at the best of times, but I do hope that you have support from family/friends with it all. We'll do whatever we can for you, too. Keep in touch, whenever you're able :)
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.