Got 0 points on first assessment. Reapplied and got awarded. What are the chances they'll backdate? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got 0 points on first assessment. Reapplied and got awarded. What are the chances they'll backdate?

Options
privateplease
privateplease Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi so I applied for lcwra on 02/05/21 , I failed got zero points, I reapplied in November and passed . I’m now challenging them in hopes that I can get it backdated to the first claim as I feel it was completely disregarded and it was completely wrong to get zero points as I suffer with many problems. What are the chances that they will backdate it for me ?UC have asked WCA to consider this . Do you think I have a chance? So confused 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What you should have done with that first decision is request the Mandatory Reconsideration? Was there any reason why you didn't do that?
    When you reapplied was this because of a worsening of condition or a new condition? Usually fit notes aren't received for the same condition as previously.
    Your first claim was a different claim, this would be a new one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • privateplease
    privateplease Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    No once I failed I didn’t request mandotory reconsideration because I got 0points I was too scared, I reapplied all same health conditions epilepsy/anxiety I updated one more health condition as I now suffer with insomnia. I passed based on my previous health conditions that I somehow in May got 0points for. That’s why I wanted to request backdated as it’s the same health conditions and I felt it was unfairly decided last time as there was no phone call or forms it was basicly just decided off my health conditions on UC , do you think they would backdate it? Is there any chance as I could really do with it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
     I updated one more health condition as I now suffer with insomnia.

This here ^^  would be the reason they accepted your new fit note.  I wouldn't expect it to be backdated to the very first it note because that was a different decision to which you were found fit for work. What you should have done was request the MR then Tribunal.
    There's no harm in asking and it will be down to a decision maker to make that decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can't 'backdate' the new decision. As you are within 13 months of the previous decision you can however still request a mandatory reconsideration of that decision.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.