Hi, my name is Gloria65! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gloria65!

Options
Gloria65
Gloria65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Just like to say hi to every one I have disabilities & have been off work since Nov 2021 I’m not sure if I will be able to return to work luckily enough i have a fantastic understanding doctor & nuerologist so i have a lot of support . The dwp only gave me standard pip on living & moterbility I took them to a tribunal & won my case so will now receive enhanced on both any one in the same situation please do the same & get whot is rightfully yours 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Gloria65 and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, that's really positive to hear :)

You're more than welcome to explore the forum and join in with discussions if you'd like. A good place to start for more casual chat or games is the Coffee Lounge, or you can use categories to find topics you're most interested in.

If you need a hand with anything, just let us know.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Gloria65

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

How are you currently managing your disabilities and being off work? I am really glad to hear you have a fantastic understanding doctor and neurologist. Support is really valuable, and you deserve to feel supported. I hope it helps to make it at least a little more manageable.

Thanks for sharing your positive news with us about the tribunal case for DWP and PIP. It is always great to hear positive news and to hear that you had the outcome that you deserve in the end. I am sure your post will reach others and help them if they are feeling discouraged, in the process of it, or struggling with it. Your support is always recognised and appreciated. 

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon!  :)  

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Gloria65
    Gloria65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your warm response to my post 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Gloria65

You are very welcome. It is the least we could do. How are you today? I hope you are well!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Poli80
    Poli80 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Gloria65

I'm new in here too. Like you I have disabilities due to my back injury in 2014 and fibromyalgia diagnosis last year at top of it. 

Massive congrats on winning tribunal cases darling!!! Well done!!! I've won tribunal four years ago against ESA decision which was absurdly inadequate to my disabilities and physical abilities during the assessment :( . However I didn't give up either and like you went all the way and won. I applied for PIP shortly after as funny enough the tribunal judge advised me on it on the side ;) and PIP assessment itself was great compare to ESA, my PIP assessor was a physiotherapist and she couldn't believe I was left in agonising pain for so long so the awarded me standard rates for both components.
    However in 2020 I've received PIP review form by which time my health deteriorated and I was awarded enhanced mobility rate which helped massively with having privilege of motability car as mine was at the end of its life and not having money for "new car" was a massive worry as without a car I'm like a prisoner in my own home (walking with a crutch at all times, can't use both due to fibro affecting my left hand terribly, not able to make more than 3 or 4 steps without having to stop due to horrible pain and regaining balance, not being able to walk few metres full stop etc)  Now I have received yet another PIP review form which I've posted back just this morning so please pray for another positive outcome for me with no changes to the last one as due to additional diagnosis with fibro my mobility went down the drain even further. 

I truly hope they (DWP) will leave you in peace for long next few years my lovely as there is nothing more stressful than going through the assessments and whole process of challenging DWP's negative decisions! 

and like you I'd encourage everyone to follow the appeal to the last note! XXX

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.