Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA back pay

Options
emilyp1708
emilyp1708 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have been awarded LCWRA but since my assessment I have not sent continuous sick notes as I had to go back to work at one point (I was pregnant, and had no money to pay rent but I had an easy office job) and then ended up on maternity leave 2 months later anyway. Since I didn't send them continuous sick notes for the whole time I've been waiting will I get my LCWRA back dated or not? They sent me the forms while I was working full time, I went to part time (so I could manage better) around 2 weeks after that and then went on maternity 2 months later anyway so I only put in sick notes for the period just before my actual assessment. 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    My understanding is you need to have provided continuous fit notes, however I don’t claim UC and don’t know enough about it to be certain, I’m sure a more experienced member in this area will be along shortly to advise further. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, fit notes need to continue without any gaps. Only a decision maker can decide whether to backdate your claim for the months you didn't provide the fit notes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emilyp1708
    emilyp1708 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Even if I was on maternity for 9 months of it? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Katielw2506
    Katielw2506 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    @emilyp1708 without continuous sick notes UC will backdate to the 4th full ap after your last sick note or first sick note in the most recent line of continuation

You can however ask your gp for a backdated sick note to cover the period in which no sick note was reported - you can then report the sick note & ask for backdating to be sent to a dm to determine backdating of the lcwra element within the remit of the 4th full ap from first sick note 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.