Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

The poem called Bringing Disability to the front minds

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,553 Disability Gamechanger
The poem called Bringing Disability to the front minds  
Our voices have not been heard. 
This spurs us to join as one voice fighting change for people with disabilities
As we gradual change thanks to some disability inspiring celebrities who are helping turn tide.   As we ride the beautiful Crete of the wave as we save the best for last though passions.
We go through tests in ourselves in our daily lives of persons with disability. 
Disabilities people are able to think of solutions to their own difficulties. 
We have fire burns bright inside all,
This gives us great strength to take our passions to new levels and heights through doing our creative which can be energy-sapping as we face not always not being successful this time means that it is not our right time for us to succeed and lead the fight for change. 
We need to put a hand out to stoping each other from falling we call on the government for change to brings to help people with disabilities lives easier than we go through our day to day challenges that come in front of us.
We have a fantastic drive that prides us the power to succeed in our dreams.
Noting seems so impossible to accomplish and our dreams whatever they are.
We are all shining stars who all sparkle in our crafts and get voices heard and show how successful we are in our chosen fields we never let a small blemish spoil our blank page to stop us from succeeding and giving other peoples disabilities to the belief that they even succeding in their dreams whatever may be.   
We rest our tired heads by going to bed which gives us the feeling be fresh to pass the tests that have been placed in front of us.
We trust our own abilities to take slow steps on our own victory road which was lit up bright lights burned bright and we kept our flight path in our sight as the sky is limit for us we have a gust of strong wind as nothing can take the wind out of our sails we have some fantastic tales will give other people with disabilities hope to reach their dreams although take more time than usual anyone can succeded if they just believe in and you and creative talents come through shining lights.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nice one @Globster, this poem has the feel of a call to action!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,553 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    Thank your kind on my poem 
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend also wonderful Monday too?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes thank you, I had a good weekend and today is going well too. Hope you're also well @Globster :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I did a wonderful weekend thank you and my Monday is fantastic too

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for your post and for sharing your wonderful writing with us. It is always great to hear from you and our pleasure to hear about your work. I am glad you had a wonderful weekend and Monday is going well! I hope the rest of your week goes well too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    Thank you I appreciate your kind words on my poem 
    I hope you had a fantastic weekend and are fantastic Monday and I hope well for you too@L_Volunter? :)

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    What a powerful and motivating poem @Globster :) - thank you for sharing it with us. 

Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Libby_Scope I appreciate your kind words about my poem

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.