Hi, my name is MaddieMaddie! I am the mother of a one year old girl who has CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MaddieMaddie! I am the mother of a one year old girl who has CP

Options
MaddieMaddie
MaddieMaddie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2022 in Cerebral palsy
Hi!I am the mother of a 1 year old girl.She is diagnosed with CP in all 4 limbs. She can move all of them very nicely,but every time the physiotherapist comes to see her she gets stiff as a rock and screams her heart out.I can manage to calm her down,but the physiotherapist recommended Baclofen.She has requested in a letter for the pediatrician to prescribe her this medicine. She is not in pain and she is very happy,she sleeps well and she is very happy.I am a bit afraid that she will be on this medication as I can see it has a lot of side effects.She also has renal insufficiency and had a surgery for twisted bowls Birth.Could someone please give some advice. THANK YOU 😊 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and what she and you are going through 

Unfortunately we are not medical experts and can't give advice on medication 

All I can suggest is you speak to her medical team with your concerns 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MaddieMaddie

Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us and telling us a bit about yourself and your daughter. 

I can understand why you would be worried as a parent about your daughter taking some new medication, I imagine you just want to ensure as much as possible that it will be the right thing for her and will benefit her. Have you spoken with your daughter's medical team about your concerns? Perhaps they would be able to ease your worries somewhat?

I have moved your discussion over to our CP category, which you also might like to browse for related discussions, and I'm glad to see that teddybear12 has already tagged in Richard who I'm sure will get back to you on Monday.

Additionally, Scope offers a Parents Connect service which enables parents of disabled children to connect and receive peer support, you can read more about it here in case it is of interest to you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.