If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Telephone interview.

Options
Gizmo691
Gizmo691 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hello, I hope you are all keeping well. Would kindly like to ask for any information on this. I receive PIP and ESA, I have been receiving this for 3 years approx the PIP for slightly longer, I have never had a face to face interview ever, obviously due to covid this was still to be the case. My PIP, is valid for another 2 years with no form filling etc, my ESA I was told was valid until April or June cant remember what month. Just before xmas 2021 I received a letter to say an appointment had been arranged with my local job centre not face to face] A man phoned me and said that I had nothing to worry about with regards my benefits, that I fell into some category and that my benefits would not stop now and no dates for ending were valid! he said if I needed help with getting back into employment I just had to tick some box when the letter arrived, am guessing this got lost in the post, he said if I felt that I was not able to consider work just to put the letter in my drawer and forget about it, he said this was something new the government had put in place not really sure what this was, when I mentioned about ESA Ending in April or June he said this was not the case anymore, does anyone know of what category this is I could have been placed into. Thanks in advance for any info. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    If you are in the Support Group the ESA (I’m assuming it is new style ESA if only 3 years old) is ongoing until you have a review and a new decision is made. Suggested review dates are only ever a guide and with huge backlog your review is likely to be delayed. The form you may have been sent could have been a Claimant Commitment but that’s a guess. Only way to find out is to ring them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Gizmo691
    Gizmo691 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Hi Calcotti, yes its the new style ESA, am not really sure he just mentioned that I fell into some category and that my benefits could not be stopped, but I guess your right the only way too  clarify this is to give them a phone. Thanks for your time, very much appreciated.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Gizmo691 said:
    Hi Calcotti, yes its the new style ESA, am not really sure he just mentioned that I fell into some category and that my benefits could not be stopped, ..
    As I say, you’re no doubt in the Support Group (otherwise it would have stopped after 12 months) and ESA will continue until such time as you have a review and a different decision is made.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.