My work coach says i have to attend every single week to the job center, i was going every 2 wks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My work coach says i have to attend every single week to the job center, i was going every 2 wks

Options
fionaosborne8
fionaosborne8 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi 
I have been on sick with PTSD with a 3 month sick note for over 6 months. My work coach says i have to attend every single week to the job center, i was going every 2 wks or 2 week phone call. Its stpressful.attending every week. Cpan i dpemand every 2 weeks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Is it Universal Credit you're claiming? If so when claiming this, you're classed as a job seeker until a decision on a work capability assessment say otherwise. It's your work coaches descretion whether to turn off work commitments. You can try speaking to your work coach to explain your health conditions and the impact it has on you when you have to attend the job centre.
    Have you reported your health condition on your journal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi @fionaosborne8

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Well done for already finding the courage to reach out for support. I appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out for support. I am really glad to see the wonderful support already provided by @poppy123456.

Do you know why they have changed how often you need to go and see the job centre? I also just wanted to add to this that we are sorry to hear you are struggling with PTSD. We are here for you if you would like to talk to us further about this. Do you have any other support in place at the moment for your PTSD?

We are listening to you if you want to talk to us about this or anything else  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @fionaosborne8 thanks for joining and asking your question today. Just to help our members to advise you, I've moved this post over into our Universal Credit category, and changed the title a little. 

I'm sorry to hear that attending every week is causing you stress, have you explained how you're feeling to your work coach?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • RoseyG
    RoseyG Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    Hi 
    I have been on sick with PTSD with a 3 month sick note for over 6 months. My work coach says i have to attend every single week to the job center, i was going every 2 wks or 2 week phone call. Its stpressful.attending every week. Cpan i dpemand every 2 weeks. 
    You can’t demand it but you can certainly explain your situation to them and request to speak with their disability advisor who will be able to help you negotiate this with your work coach. It is true that you are considered a job seeker until a decision is made, however the legislation states your commitments should take into account your situation. It doesn’t sound like they are doing that. 
    If it is making your mental health worse, explain that to them. Have you checked your commitments and what they currently say? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.