Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Sofabound!

Options
Sofabound
Sofabound Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Thanks for including me in the Community 👋 

I have moderate/severe ME and have been mostly housebound for 15 years.  I share my life with my ever patient husband and our two fur babies 🐱 🐱

I enjoy making memories, wildlife, sewing, holidays, food, liquid pain relief and ‘walking’ in the rain 😊 

I use a variety of aids including a stairlift, walking stick / crutches and a wheelchair when out of our home.

I look forward to joining in when I can 💙 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,165 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sofabound - thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. I also look forward to you joining in with the forum when you can.
    We have some lovely members that also have ME, which seems a very difficult condition to 'manage.'
    Great you have such a supportive husband, which must help so much, & you have some good & varied interests. I think you might enjoy our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where, amongst other things, we discuss our hobbies & interests, not forgetting our 'fur babies.' I have a very mischievous but loving cat; what do you have?
    Here's a link to the 'Coffee lounge,' & do have a look at the 'Kaleidoscope' thread there, which is about hobbies/interests: https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

• chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @tebbie74 - & welcome to the community to you too. Great to have you both here. :)
  • chiarieds
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi @bekindalways - & thank you again, as I always appreciate you are absolutely true to your username, & always look forward to your replies when you can.
    I 'think' ME is considered the same as CFS, yet ME is now considered to more accurately describe the severity of what sufferers such as yourself & Sofabound go through, in other words, as with many disorders, the nomenclature changes, or better describes it, rather than almost minimising the symptoms. Please see: https://meassociation.org.uk/about-what-is-mecfs/#Part-1
    Dr Shepherd goes further, & I feel he's a great advocate here in the UK for ME sufferers, saying it should more correctly be known as 'Myalgic encephalopathy' rather than 'Myalgic encephalomyelitis'.

• chiarieds
    Options
    Thank you @bekindalways - do so hope you're doing as well as can be. I have the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, the pain of which is most likened to that of Fibromyalgia; throw in other stuff which I have, like neurological problems, & it's not much fun.
    Thank you for your kind wishes & hug; it was so great to meet Poppy, who was even nicer, if that's possible, than I'd thought; such a lovely, caring  person. :)

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the group @Sofabound and @tebbie74 hope you find the community helpful - informative- funny at times - and a good distraction.
  • Sofabound
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone for the warm welcome.  Very much appreciated 🥰
  • MissMarple
    MissMarple Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Good to have you in the community @Sofabound Hope you'll find it useful and fun. I'm also housebound due to fatigue. It's only been 1.5 years for me, but it's tough.
  • Sofabound
    Options
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Sofabound :)

Welcome to the community, it's great to have you here with us all.

I hope you're enjoying some time to navigate around the community, please do let us know if there's anything that we can help with or if you have any questions etc.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.