If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

I've been awarded

Options
gillypoo
gillypoo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I applied on 8th September  and had my assesment on the 2nd of February,  I phoned this morning and the lady on the phone said I've been awarded , the dm went with the reccomendations enhanced for daily living but only 4 points for mobility. 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    Thats brilliant news @gillypoo - one less thing to worry about.
  • gillypoo
    gillypoo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Honestly it  feels like I've finally got the confirmation that I'm not pathetic and useless. for so long I've felt like all I have done for my family is take and take , zapped energy from everyone and gave nothing in return, it may seem silly but now I feel I can finally contribute. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    gillypoo said:
    Honestly it  feels like I've finally got the confirmation that I'm not pathetic and useless. for so long I've felt like all I have done for my family is take and take , zapped energy from everyone and gave nothing in return, it may seem silly but now I feel I can finally contribute. 
    Doesn't sound silly at all,  I have had to apply for PIP because i know i can not go back to work and i worry about putting more pressure on my hubby, he's self employed, drawing his state pension, but still working 2 or 3 days a week, bless him, he does it to try and make sure i'm not worrying about the bills, hope i've made sense.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    I'm so pleased to hear you've been awarded @gillypoo that's great news :)

I can understand about feeling silly, and have felt similarly at different times in my life. Sometimes in wider society, there is an overriding feeling that if you can't be useful or active or productive then you are useless, whether you are disabled or non disabled. That pressure can be very overwhelming, and no one should be made to feel lesser because of it.

You are valid, and worthy, and entitled to go about life in the way that suits you. It's society's ableist attitude that needs changing. I hope now you can find some time to give back to yourself and celebrate your successful PIP award!

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.