LCWRA ending and worried — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA ending and worried

Options
Gothskull
Gothskull Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi there, im hoping someone can help me as i am very worried. I have a leg shorter than the other which is obviously a lifetime disability, i have a lot of musculoskeletal problems. I was awarded LCWRA in March 2020 but it was through a tribunal.

My claim runs out next month and i have been desperately trying to ask on my journal what happens next? I have not slept properly for worrying about this. I asked on my journal and the guy just put back that the will contact me near the time, but is it a review? do i have to go back to sick notes? will it carry on? no one is answering my question and i am very worried. Can someone please help me?  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your LCWRA doesn't run out, it's an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. The timescale they give you is just a guide and nothing more.
    There's also currently huge backlogs of people waiting for their first assessment so reviews will very likely be last thing on their minds.
    When you are evenutally referred for another assessment fit notes shouldn't be needed because you've already been found to have LCWRA.
    In the meantime try to relax, though i know that's difficult. At least you know the LCWRA element doesn't end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    What do you mean 'your claim runs out'? LCWRA status is ongoing until such time as a reassessment is carried out and a different decision made. When DWP get around to carrying out a review they will contact you and you will go through another Work Capability Assessment. There will be a note on your file with a suggested review date but these aren't always followed and with the current assessment backlog your review is quite likely to be delayed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Gothskull
    Options
    Thank you both very much, this is the first time i have been awarded LCWRA and the DWP haven't told me anything, i didnt know LCWRA was an ongoing award. Will try to relax a little bit.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Try not to panic as stated it doesn't just end 

Mine was also won at tribunal with recommended review after 3 years which would be this month and I haven't had any review forms as yet 

The priority is new claims at present so fingers crossed will be left alone for while 
  • Gothskull
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Try not to panic as stated it doesn't just end 

Mine was also won at tribunal with recommended review after 3 years which would be this month and I haven't had any review forms as yet 

The priority is new claims at present so fingers crossed will be left alone for while 
    Thank you for replying, thats what was getting me worried - that i had no forming coming in. Im also on PIP and that was a review. Thanks for putting my mind at ease, hopefully we will be left alone for a wee while yet.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Gothskull I'm so glad to see you've been reassured by our members today.

If you can, keep us updated with how you get on, as I'm sure your experience will be useful to others who are also in your situation, and feeling a little unsure of things.

Don't hesitate to reach out if anything comes up, we're here to support you :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.