Awarded LCWRA & PIP wondering if anyone can help me?

Options
novax
novax Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2022 in Benefits and income
Hey. My name is Nova. I'm wondering if anyone can answer this question for me I can't find it on google and I'm confused. 

I current get universal credit & they pay my rent straight to my housing association. In the last week Iv been awarded limited capability for work and work related activity, and pip. That means minus the rent money that goes straight to the housing association I'll have about £900 a month in benefits. Will I now be expected to pay my rent off that myself? Or do I get £900 and my rent is still paid for me? Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'd appreciate the help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,295 Championing
    Options
    Your rent will continue to be paid as normal. The extra £343 LCWRA is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. It is paid in addition to your standard element. 
    PIP isn’t part of UC and will be paid separately every 4 weeks.

• novax
    novax Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Your rent will continue to be paid as normal. The extra £343 LCWRA is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. It is paid in addition to your standard element. 
    PIP isn’t part of UC and will be paid separately every 4 weeks.

Thank you. This is my first time claiming anything like this and I don't have any friends in this situation to ask. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Championing
    Options
    It can certainly be confusing, especially when you don't know anyone else in the same position @novax

Congratulations on your awards, and I hope that you now feel a little more relaxed about the situation. Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

I hope you're staying safe in the storm!

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her