Good news from PIP (DLA to pip and timeline included) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good news from PIP (DLA to pip and timeline included)

Options
mumofmonkeys
mumofmonkeys Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I feel like we only really get to read bad applications a majority of the time, so I’m hoping to share our good news in the hope it can help others not worry so much. 

My daughter was 16 in august and of course came the dreaded DLA to PIP changeover. She was on DLA for approx 10 years. I’d heard so many bad stories tho I was of course nervous for her. 

October I returned the forms with no additional proof, and as she attends a special school we don’t have any other input (school give her everything she needs). We had our assessment 31st January via phone. Lovely lady who actually listened and understood. 
I rang yesterday to see if they’d had the report, and she said we should have a decision by next week as there was activity on it that morning but being the impatient sod I am I rang again this morning to be greeted with a payment date on the automated line. 

Then I couldn’t work out the award so I stayed and spoke to them and she’s been awarded enhanced for both! She only got Middle care on dla. I can’t believe it. I am so happy for her. This is gonna be so much easier for her. I’ve personally found PIP easier than DLA ever was. 

Good luck to anyone still waiting. 
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.