Will the extra LCWRA payment be backdated to when I first put my evidence in? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will the extra LCWRA payment be backdated to when I first put my evidence in?

Options
hedgio
hedgio Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited February 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I sent my  open ended sick note in to UC 01/11/2020, I had phone assessment approx 6 weeks ago and decision is limited capacity for work or work related activities, UC chap said there is a 3 month period to wait, does  anyone know if the extra payment will be backdated to when I first put in my evidence ie- sick note in 2020  ?
 Thank you in advance for any help 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The extra money is payable from the fourth complete assessment period after you first reported your health condition.

What is your UC payment date?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • hedgio
    Options
    Hi my next uc payment date is 15th February thank you 
  • hedgio
    Options
    Sorry next UC payment  is 15th March 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Your assessment period is therefore 9th to 8th of the month.
    Health condition reported in October to November assessment period.
    The three months waiting are November to February.
    The LCWRA element is payable for the February to March 2021 period paid on 15th March. You therefore appear to be owed 12 months.

UC will recalculate all of your previous statements and then compare it with what you we’re previously paid. You will then be paid the arrears due.

Note that when the new statements are prepared they will be uploaded to your journal and will overwrite the old statements. It would be sensible to download your previous statements now so that you have a record.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • hedgio
    Options
    Thank you, much appreciated, 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.