Is anyone having trouble with UC payment dates? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is anyone having trouble with UC payment dates?

Options
Jojo22
Jojo22 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited February 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi is anyone having trouble with universal credit  payment dates ?  

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jojo22 :) Thank you for joining the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your UC payment dates. Would you be able to tell us a little more about what you mean by this? Is it that you were expecting a payment, but haven't received it yet? 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our UC category, and renamed it, so that other members will be able to find your post more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    UC is paid monthly on the same date each month. If you live in Scotland it can be paid twice monthly.
    We will need more information before anyone can help you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jojo22
    Options
    Thank you. No one seems to be listening. 
    My payment period is the 5th to the 4th each month with universalcredit. I got paid the 7th of Jan from my job, then the 4th of Feb. There saying I've been paid twice, I haven't   it's going to happen in March too. It always happens in April because I do gey paid twice . It was the same payment period last year, but got paid from my job the 8th Jan and 5th Feb. I've hmrc and they said I've only been once. I've rang universal credit,  put on my journal,  rang citizens advice, I've even been intouch with my mp. I've had to borrow this months rent. I just don't what to do now.
  • Jojo22
    Options
    Last year
    5/12/20 -4/1/21  wages 11/12/20
    5/1/21-4/2/21 wages 8/1/21
    5/2/21-4/3/21 wages 5/2/21
    5/3/21-4/4/21 wages 5/3/21

This year
    5/12/21-4/1/21 wages 10/11/21
    5/1/21-4/2/21 wages 7/1/21
    5/2/21-4/3/21 wages 4/2/21
    5/3/21-4/4/21 wages 4/3/21
    The payment dates are in the same period last year but I received universal credit.  So what is the difference. 
    I understand I won't receive universal credit in April because I get paid twice .
    But it's happened in February and will happened again in March. I can't afford this, 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    It looks as if you are paid by your employer every 4 weeks. This should mean that you only receive two payments within your UC assessment period in one month of the year as shown here
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-different-earning-patterns-and-your-payments/universal-credit-different-earning-patterns-and-your-payments-payment-cycles#if-youre-paid-every-4-weeks

My payment period is the 5th to the 4th each month with universalcredit. I got paid the 7th of Jan from my job, then the 4th of Feb. There saying I've been paid twice, I haven't  
    If those dates are correct then UC are correct to take two earnings payments into account because you have indeed received two payments within the 5th January to 4th February period. It's payments received within the UC assessment period that matter, not payments within a calendar month.
    it's going to happen in March too.
    For the 5th February to 4th March only the payment on 4th March will be counted.

5/12/21 - 4/1/22 wages 10/11/21, I assume you mean 10/12/21
    5/1/22 - 4/2/22 includes the wages on 7/1/22 and 4/2/22
    5/2/22 - 4/3/22 includes wages for 4/3/22
    5/3/22 - 4/4/22 will include wages paid on 1/4/22 (?)
    5/4/22 - 4/5/22 will include wages paid on 29/4/22 (?)
    5/5/22 - 4/6/22 will include wages paid on 20/5/22 (?)
    etc
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Jojo22
    Options
    5th-4th each month. The red one is my wages
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    So you are paid every four weeks and therefore 2 payments fall within that assessment period. 
  • Jojo22
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Going by the 4 weekly wages i can't see you receiving 2 wages in the march AP. I'm not sure how you think that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MarkM88
    edited February 2022
    Options
    It works out April is the month you receive the two wages from work, 1st and 29th April. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    It works out April is the month you receive the two wages from work, 1st and 29th April. 
    Yes but they’re not in the same assessment period. 1st April falls in the March/April AP. 29th April falls in the April/May AP. 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    @poppy123456 yeah which is where the OP must be getting confused. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It seems like the OP thought that earnings received during a month affects your UC but that’s not correct. Earnings received during your AP is what counts. 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    Yeah, agreed. 
  • Jojo22
    Options
    Sorry what does OP  & AP mean ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    OP = Original poster. AP = Assessment period (UC)
  • Jojo22
    Options
  • Jojo22
    Options
    Thank you for all your comments. 
    Just to let you know I was right and it's being amended. I've had a email back from universal credit.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Based on the information you gave i can't see how your payments were incorrect.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Based on the information you gave i can't see how your payments were incorrect.
    Nor can I. I think UC have now got it wrong. Doesn't help the OP anyway because they will now simply have two earnings payments counted in their next UC payment so they've simply displaced the issue.

(Possibly someone at Uc got confused and thought OP is paid monthly in which case they could reallocate it. They are not supposed to do that for 4 weekly payments (and as I say for 4 weekly payments it simply moves the problem).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.