Asb and repairs council housing Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Asb and repairs council housing Help

Options
sundontshine123
sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
Hi
Asb
I am the 3rd tenant in 3 years! this is a new build property.
for the last 2 years i suffered from ASB and have housing repair issues and the council have not supported me and left us to live in 2 room.
I moved into a bungalow to help make my life little easier, but i been subjected to listening to loud music, sound system speakers so felt like my bed in middle of nightclub.
spoke to man in bungaloe next door who was a dj before hand. explained we can hear his music and could he turn it down as its not fair we have to listen to it.
day in day out his miusic blastig out keeping us awake and stopping us enjoying property.
subjected to watching large group of alcoholic adults,
shouting, swearing
 hate campaign made against me.
Had to sit helplessly and watch these people damage my property.
My new car wing mirror ripped off.
glass thrown on top of car
stones thrown at car
stones thrown at front door
mud  thrown at cladding outside 
car egged
kicking balls against my windows and car.
intimadated everytime i come out
loud music 
avoid property till early hours
spat at 
sworn at 
shoulder barged 
begged council to help and victim care also have to no avail.
The patch manager has not supported me at all.
in fact he said
"if you dont like it private let or Homeswapper"!
i basically begged the council to help and told its not there department
so i would start process again.
i wrote to chief exective and 3other top people at council in April 2021 but totally ignored. 
i feel they have been bias towards me 
i find that the chief exective made a big quote abou ASB on there website for ASB week and how ASB devaste peoples lives.
so why did he ignore me.

Repairs
windows let drafts in got masking tape around windows
doors front and back poorly fitted and warped let water in under door and can fit drinks coaster in gaps in doors.
property freezing cold
was left without a toilet for 7 days and no alternative offered
and told to flush toilet with bucket water.
which i explained i was disabled and could not lift it up.
then toilet broke again and without a toilet 6 days.
then they took old toilet out and put new toilet in but put it on a pedistal and said it had large hole underneath it.
the floor was left in such a mess behind toilet and the wall behind toilet waste pile has hole in it and i had to put tissue to block it off.
Workman came out said i should seal it up myself. i cannot even crouch down.
the wetroom has not been layed properly water goes oppsite way away from drain.

Cladding outsdide is not sealed and is cut short.
so draft and cold air go up and into bedroom which is like a fridge all the time.
cladding is waterlogged and have bare edges showing
guttering always blocked as big tree in next doors garden which on sign up told it would be cut. never happened.

citizen advice helped but but gave up due to lack of response from council and council told me if i don't like it complain to ombudsman.
which i did in October 2020 and i heard nothing.

this all has a deprimental effect on our health.

Comments

• sundontshine123
    Options
    I need help and support where do I go help?

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sundontshine123 :) I'm also really sorry to hear about everything that's been going on, and can fully appreciate this would have a really negative impact on your health. I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, so please do keep an eye out for that.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • sundontshine123
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I have done a community trigger for the ASB we have experienced for 22 plus months this was back in August 2021, but was absolutley useless.
    I also did a mangers refferal April 2021 but left waiting and waiting for 5 months.
    which i should never had to wait that long.
    To be offered a property that was not for my needs and did not follow any of NCH own guidelines how to find a property.
    3rd December 2021 was offered this property that was signed off ready to move i to straight away.
    was told this property had had a deep clean also.
    Block gutterings all around
    water running down wall 
    wall soaked and obviously had damp issues
    tree touching property
    hole in back wall
    old fridge freezer
    mconcrete post shoved in bushes
    building materials  all around garden in bushes.
    window film ripped off and window in mess
    building materials left at back of property with large brambles over grown it so been there consiberable time.
    old garden furniture just left strewn across garden
    back windows all had condinsation between the double glassing
    old dirty underlay left which could be harbering
    infestation of fleas
    mite 
    moths
    needles
    glass.
    I put complaint in so they said the would deep clean yet again.
    They did clean garden up.
    I still was in dispute about this dirty old underlay eventually removed it.
    There is an old gas fire in property ( i have respiratory problems)
    The dial is broken and left on top of the fire and its been glued together and help together with wingnuts its a disgrace should be comdemmed but apparently its been passed as working.this was by there voids manager.
    he obviously blind.
    The coordinator for my complaints whom is suppose to be an ASB mediator whom was not actively involved until OCTOBER 2021, showed us around property followed us about and she tried to bully me into taking this property.
    I did ask why a fan was left on over the christmas period and until i viewed property 8 weeks.
    its an enviro fan and its stops cold.
    what a load of lies.
    refused this property as why woukld i want to park halfway down a road and not see my car after everything i have experienced in last 22 plus months. 
    Again they turning it all around and putting a label upon me and telling lies Mental Issues.

we still live in 2 rooms and since June 2020 pay extortinate high energy bills which i pointed out since 2020 and now they have gone through the roof and i feel like nobody is helping me.

The lady that moved into property next door has repair issues and they jumped through hoops to help her but I’m told if I don’t like it go to ombudsman services. 
    The complaints department the line manager is biased towards me and has stated I cannot complain as complaints to complexed. 
    The call centre staff rude and leave me on hold over 30 minutes to tell me I cannot complain. 
    The same woman does the complaints how can she be unbiased if she already done 3 complaints stage 2. 
    It’s a joke and a joke how I been treated by NCH.
    they wrote to my doctors in October 2021 without my consent telling them doctor they had supported me since 2020 with asb but that’s a lie I have emails begging x amount of people for help even chief executive Stephen Feast in April 2021 asking help and explaining what I been through 
    given over years worth incident numbers 
    Hoping he would help but fell on death ears, he ignored me.
    then I find an article he wrote in July 2021 ASB week.
    stating how ASB can devastate victims lives ect. 

Well deffo kick in teeth!
    still twisting it, upon me and left me living in cold and still suffering asb. 

Please don’t say try 
    local councillor 
    Wendy smith is mine and she absolutely useless sided with council as there word golden even though I sent her Cctv footage of all the damage to property and what I listen to on daily basis.
    pictures of repairs and how we are living. 
    Citizen Advice could only do so much and was not getting anything back from NCH. 
    Victim care tried also. But patch manager absolutely useless and said that men threatening a woman would blow over. 
    June 2020 and to this day he has never supported us or done care plan or anything, not 1 of them have. 
    Told if you don’t like it go to homeswapper or private let. 

• myfairlady
    myfairlady Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Property disrepair claim thats what this is, get onto google
    and find a solicitor that deals with no win no fee claims. Put in a property disrepair claim, and the solicitors will do the rest. 

The council will soon prop up. It is a crying shame you’re going through this, but theres some very unkind people in this world. 

Do try to keep your head up, theirs always light at the end of the tunnel. 
  • sundontshine123
    Options
    Thankyou for kind words Myfairlady. X
  • sundontshine123
    Options
    well here i am yet again begging for help agaion.
    im 2 community triggers down and proved they dont work.
    As if they did i would not be suffering and going and living this hell.
    The people across road constanly making hate campaign up againt us.
    constanly telling people that nobody likes me around her,
    i dont bother anyone i keep myself to myself.
    My property still being damaged 27 months later and still have severe repair issues.
    i cannot do this anymore.
    i literally begged every single agency for help to no avail.
    like i pointed out .
    im left in fight and flight mode constanly and these people switch off and go home and relax in there homes im left living in my bedroom scared.

• myfairlady
    edited September 2022
    Options
    well here i am yet again begging for help agaion.
    im 2 community triggers down and proved they dont work.
    As if they did i would not be suffering and going and living this hell.
    The people across road constanly making hate campaign up againt us.
    constanly telling people that nobody likes me around her,
    i dont bother anyone i keep myself to myself.
    My property still being damaged 27 months later and still have severe repair issues.
    i cannot do this anymore.
    i literally begged every single agency for help to no avail.
    like i pointed out .
    im left in fight and flight mode constanly and these people switch off and go home and relax in there homes im left living in my bedroom scared.

Did you go through google and get a property disrepair solicitor? Theres lots on the internet and they’re very good at sorting out repairs, you need to do this. That’s what the LA want, for you to give up on them so they go away alot of what this is called is disrepair. Your property is in a state of disrepair but the LA won’t do anything about it. But please try and get somebody onto it, do you not have a support worker or any support network that can help you???? 

• myfairlady
    Options
    Theres a lot of different support for Mental Health in Nottingham Sunshine:

Middle Street Resource Centre
    Nature in Mind
    Wellness in Mind
    Beeston Womens Group
    Harmless (Nottingham)
    Arnold Methodist Church - Mental Health Befriending and Support Group
    Pohwer (Nottingham)
    Aebal Leisure
    Jrhsupport (Outreach support) which is what I think will be beneficial to you.

Please look up some of the stuff I have provided especially JRHSupport.

Regards

MFL. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.