Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

Options
ree2021
ree2021 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I just wanted to give you on update on my experience with pip
i applied in early June 2021, had my assesment in October 2 weeks later I was scored 0 for everything, also some things didn’t add up in the assessment when I read the transcript some things weren’t entirely true they even said no one was with me in the assessment when a family member was.
I then did an MR  they replied in January 2022 still came back with 0 points I’ve now taken it to an appeal and received so much information from DWP nearly 100 pages I’ve found it so overwhelming as I have ptsd.
 this whole time has been a really horrible experience as I do feel like I’ve explained everything I’ve added evidence, explained where I think they’ve scored wrong, I just feel like it’s never ending and I’m trying to stay as positive as I can but it’s really effected my mental health I’ve also spoken to citizens advice to see how they can support me with this appeal I’m just not sure what else I can do I’m hoping the appeal doesn’t take to long but DWP have wrote to tribunal Courts to oppose my appeal I’m hoping they turn around and still carry my appeal on with a hearing 
what are the chances of me winning or losing? Is it worth going through all this 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ree2021 said:
    what are the chances of me winning or losing? Is it worth going through all this 
    About 70% of appeals are successful.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,688 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should put the report to one side and forget about it because this isn't going to get you a PIP award. You can't prove any lies that may have been told in the report.
    Your Tribunal, yes DWP will always oppose an appeal because if they thought you were entitled then you would have scored the points needed for an award. HMTCS will never refuse a hearing because of this.
    What you need to do is state clearly where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world incidents of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies.
    Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    The majority of those that take it to Tribunal have a decision in their favour. I can't tell you whether it's worth doing this because i don't know anything about how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ree2021
    Options
    thank you poppy this was really helpful I will definitely take your advice on the descriptors and add more information 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,688 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please take some time and have a good read of this thread because it's extremely helpful. Please take note of Mike's comments.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ree2021
    Options
    Thanks again poppy really appreciate it 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.