If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

My good decision to join :P

Options
ProudMumForever
ProudMumForever Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
Just a message to say im pleased and proud of myself for joining  :) I only got diagnosed with Mental Health and anxiety 12 months ago , although deep inside me ive always known . I am getting lots of help medically and emotionally and i just keep trying . If you are in the same situation to me , remember to BE KIND to yourself and its ok to put yourself first . 

Admitting you struggle is not a weakness, its a strength .Be proud . 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    i love this proudmumforever - i for one are please you joined this lovely group, i have found it so helpful, friendly and informative. On my bad days it makes stop feeling sorry for myself and we can have a few laughs, which i find uplifting.
    Always some one to show us the way. Your posts are refreshing and you come across as a  lovely friendly person, so a pat on the back from me for taking the plunge x
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,818 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ProudMumForever what a lovely cat you have in your photo. Join in with the topics.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ProudMumForever

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. I am really glad to hear you are enjoying your time here in Scope's community. We are proud of you too. If you need anything else, please just let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi again, @ProudMumForever.
    I’m so pleased to hear this. Reaching out for help is so tough and you did it!! You’re even making friends along the way, it would seem, which is lovely to watch.

We have only chatted a few times on different threads but you always come across as being a great person and I look forward to receiving notifications from you. I hope you know that you’re already an important part of this community & I’m wishing for many bright days ahead <3
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @ProudMumForever, Be proud you took that first step!
  • ProudMumForever
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Awww the comments make me emmotional .. in a good way !!  😊  Having a great support network is vital isnt it . The community is just the tonic i needed 💗
    Ive laughed,cried,enjoyed, giggled,learnt,and admired members honesty.Sending gentle hugs .
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's really lovely to hear @ProudMumForever :) I hope you're having a relaxing weekend!

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• ProudMumForever
    Options
    @Tori_Scope and the same to you 😊
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.