New member- chronic lumbar pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New member- chronic lumbar pain

Options
neaswa
neaswa Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello forum members-
Just a quick synopsis, I’m 67 and have been in pain that’s gotten progressively worse for 3 years.  Mostly right side just above the buttock, and has now worked its way into both my hips.  Been diagnosed with DDD which is diagnosed as severe-L5 and moderate L4/L3.  Had many steroid injections which offered zero relief.  I had a RS hemilaminectomy at L4-L5 also no relief. I was scheduled to have Intracept procedure which ablates the basivertebral nerve in L4/L5, but since the surgeon had to reschedule 2 months out I decided to transfer to a new surgeon, who scheduled me for a nerve block in the area I had the hemilaminectomy.  I was very active and now I spend most my day in bed due to pain.  I am at my wits end.  Any support/guidance is very much appreciated.  Thanks for listening

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.