Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Universal credit and fit note

Options
mbacc
mbacc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have been getting fit note from my doctor for 9 months for sciatica back pain depression anxiety and I have a fit note on my account for 3 months from January to April but I was at the job center today and my work coach told me I'm not allowed any more fit notes and i have to remove my current fit note from my account i have to work my doctor has said I'm not fit to work and if I do it should be day time hours but my work coach disagrees and that I have to work full time she won't accept any more fit notes I have been waiting for 10 month for an mri scan to see what is causing my back pain and I finally have an appointment in 2 weeks time I have had these problems for 6 years and never had any issues with previous work coaches or former jobs any advise or help please.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Have you recently had a decision on a work capability assessment? If so what was that decision please?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mbacc
    mbacc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    In July I got my decision for my Work Capability Assessment the
    decided was I don't have limited capability for work
    and may be able to do some type of work. Since then every thing has been the same it's just the mri I've been waiting for with the cause of back pain
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If those fit notes say the same on them as before you were found fit for work then this is the reason why they won’t accept them. 
    If you disagree with that decision then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) and another decision maker will look again at your evidence and make another decision. If that doesn’t change then you can take it to Tribunal. 
    I’m the meantime you will be treated as a job seeker. It’s your work coaches discretion whether they turn off or reduce work commitments. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Catherine712
    Catherine712 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Hello Mbacc, 10 months for  an MRI that’s a very long wait. Glad you have an MRI coming up. You should not be going into the job Centre if you have fit notes. I have sent the UC two fit notes so far on my account and they have accepted them, the reason you get them is because you are unable to work. I had to really push for my X Rays and MRI, my MRI was put down as urgent, having it on Friday this week. 

Have you had a Health Assessment Advisory Service letter yet? It’s to assess you by telephone to face to face. 
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello Mbacc, 10 months for  an MRI that’s a very long wait. Glad you have an MRI coming up. You should not be going into the job Centre if you have fit notes. I have sent the UC two fit notes so far on my account and they have accepted them, the reason you get them is because you are unable to work. I had to really push for my X Rays and MRI, my MRI was put down as urgent, having it on Friday this week. 

Have you had a Health Assessment Advisory Service letter yet? It’s to assess you by telephone to face to face. 

In this case that's not correct. Mbacc was found fit for work so fit notes that state the same as they did before they were found fit for work will not be accepted. They can request the MR on that decision if they disagree, as previously advised.

• Catherine712
    Catherine712 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Poppy123456, thank you for the replay regarding Mbacc post. I stand corrected 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bacchus, if you want to request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision to find you Fit for Work you must do this within 13 months of the decision date. DWP may refuse the MR because you have left it over a month but if they do you can still appeal to the tribunal service.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    This thread is from March so the OP may well have requested the MR by now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.