Wheelchair not working right — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair not working right

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
Hi guys they place we're I live have got me chair out off the equipment store cos I live in very sheltered housing , the problem is one of the wheel doesn't lock in place like the other one does so I've had a couple of falls with it ,  then they  tried to change it  but none of the  wheelchairs will fit me through being  overweight,  so I am in one places all day till bed time of bathroom it's frustrating , my  physiotherapist is a  waste of time,  my occupational therapist is brilliant she's ringing over to the equipment centre  Mars in Aberdeen and  they're going to be sorted me out a wheelchair ,  it'll be safer ,  I have severe arthritis in my knees and my hip shoulder arm and hands so I find it very painful day by day to get around,  and I have fibromyalgia of seizures carpal tunnel and nerve damage,  so I'm in pain pretty much every  😔day all day , 
Ajones 

Comments

• Ashvinney
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Update the staff here have gotten me hoist and sling for getting me of floor I said if they fixed the chair that I am useing then I would not fall useing it , but nothing back from them felling  very low and pain is hitting the roof right now and just frustrated with it all 
    Ajones 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ashvinney I'm sorry to hear about the pain you've been feeling overnight. I hope you're able to catch up with some sleep today.

It's good that you've got a hoist and sling to assist with moving from the floor, and everyday is a day closer to getting a new chair :) It is frustrating, and we're here to listen and support you through this.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ashvinney
    edited March 2022
    Options
    This places were I live  is making me so furious they going on about a duty of care so they took the wheelchair away  it was because bang  my  head ,yet  last weekend they didn't do it when I went down again on my arm , my ot told me just don't use it   my new wheelchairs coming on Tuesday it just makes feels like my independence has been taken away you being scolded like a child if I use it so low today felling very alone and depressed I tried to ring Samaritans just couldn't bring myself to do it 
    Ajones 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ashvinney I'm sorry to hear about how you've been feeling, and I want you to know that it's okay to ring Samaritans if you need to, because they are there to support you and help you feel less alone.

Shout is another great organisation you can reach out to when feeling low, just text 'SHOUT' to 85285 for free support, 24/7.

Is it right you've got your OT and a new physio coming tomorrow? I think that's really positive, especially after you took steps to ask for a different physio. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Thanks for the reply 😊 I have my ot out today with my new wheelchair and to see the lady with my hazmat toilet so let's see if today any better 
    Ajones 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.