Help! Lcwra ... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help! Lcwra ...

Options
Happymum
Happymum Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi both me and my partner are on a joint claim with LCWRA (I know we only get the 1 payment for both of us now we live together) we have 3 dependant children. I'm currently looking for a job which works around my disability and wanted to know what the allowance on my earning would be before affecting our joint claim. I understand there's a higher and lower allowance and that's what confuses me, I just want to know where I stand! Thank you 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Which Work Allowance you get depends on whether or not you are claiming help with housing costs.
    If your claim includes the housing element the first £335/month of earnings will be ignored. UC will be reduced by 55% of anything above this.
    If there is no housing element the disregard is £557/month.
    These amounts will increase next month to £344 and £573.

Do either of you receive Daily Living PIP?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Happymum
    Options
    Yes I receive standard daily living PIP 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,664 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happymum said:
    This means that your partner can claim the carers element, if you claim the LCWRA for yourself. The person that receives the LCWRA element can't claim the carers element at the same time, which is why i advised for each of you to claim the individual elements. This will increase your overall maximum UC entitlement by £163.73 per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Happymum said:
    This means that your partner can claim the carers element, if you claim the LCWRA for yourself. 
    Thanks poppy, that’s why I asked the question.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Happymum said:
    This means that your partner can claim the carers element, if you claim the LCWRA for yourself. 
    Thanks poppy, that’s why I asked the question.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that don't realise this. I know there's been quite a few members here that didn't know. Of course UC/DWP are not going to advise this because it's not their job to do that. I can't even begin to imagine how many people aren't claiming everything they're entitled to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Happymum
    Options
    He's also limited work capability tho can he still claim it? Also how do we go about that?
  • calcotti
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Happymum said:
    He's also limited work capability tho can he still claim it? Also how do we go about that?
    Can you be clear in the opening post you indicated, as I understood it, that you both have LCWRA, this latest post refers to LCW.

Assuming you both have LCWRA so if he claims the carer element he will stop getting the LCWRA element (if he's the one currently getting it) but you can be paid LCWRA. To claim the carer element he goes into the UC journal and uses Report a Change to declare atet he cares for you. 
  • Happymum
    Options
    We were both getting LCWRA, then we moved in together so now only get the one LCWRA payment, but I get PIP he doesn't 
  • calcotti
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Happymum said:
    We were both getting LCWRA, then we moved in together so now only get the one LCWRA payment, but I get PIP he doesn't 
    That’s what I thought you meant originally, just wanted to check after you only referred to LCW in your later post. That means that the LCWRA element can be paid to either one of you so it will be possible for him to receive the carer element and for you to receive the LCWRA element.
  • Happymum
    Options
    Oh ok thank you for clearing that up I'll get him to put a message on his journal.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    For him to claim the carers element you don’t put a message onto his journal. He needs to “report a change” and declare being your carer. 
  • calcotti
    edited March 2022
    Options
    For him to claim the carers element you don’t put a message onto his journal. He needs to “report a change” and declare being your carer. 
    As advised earlier

calcotti said: To claim the carer element he goes into the UC journal and uses Report a Change to declare that he cares for you. 

• Happymum
    Options
    Thank you I will let him know

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.