Support

efcmik
efcmik Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm struggling with my PIP change of circumstances form. I was transferred from DLA to PIP 3 years ago. My money was dropped nearly 100 pounds and my award went from indefinitely to 2yrs. I suffer with mental health and depression and need daily support with feeding and hygiene. My support during lockdown was almost completely stopped, no psychiatrist appointment just a call from NHS volunteers. My sister made sure I was eating but I fell into deep depression and I struggle with motivation. I dont go out and feel lost. I dont know how to fill in my form and this is making me stressed and worried my benefits will be stopped. I dont know where to turn. 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello @efcmik I'm sorry to hear how you've been feeling lately, and about what's happened the last few years. I'd like to reassure you that your benefits will never just stop, and you'll always be informed whenever they are due to be reviewed.

If you'd like to run through everything and get some help with filling in your PIP form, you can always contact the Scope Helpline, which is open from 10am to 6pm today.

There's also a useful thread on the community about filling in your PIP form which might be worth a read, and Citizens Advice also explains everything step by step. 

Have you spoken to you GP about how these changes have impacted you? Can you tell me exactly what support you're getting at the moment, day to day?

If there's anything you feel we could support you with further, please let us know.

Alex