Transferring disabled from another country — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transferring disabled from another country

iza Scope Member Posts: 701 Pioneering
Hi , I am just wondering if someone has got any experience of transferring severely  disable person ( paralysed after stroke + aphasia) from another country to U.K. ? I have not clue even what support could be provided. Even if the transfer would be successful the flat to which the person could be relocated is on second floor in tiny block with no lift access at all . Any ideas or advices of support, suggestions are very welcome. 


  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hello @iza I'm afraid this is an area in which I have no experience, so I can't advise you directly. To help our members share their thoughts, I'm moving your post over into our housing, transport and independent living category, and marking it as unanswered. 

    I'll look into whether there's any useful resources to share with you, but if there's anything else we can help with, please do say.

    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Stellar
    Stellar Community member Posts: 115 Courageous
    You don't specify in your post whether the person who needs moving is a UK/Irish passport holder or not.

    If they aren't a UK/Irish passport holder (so are covered by the Common Travel Area), you need to know it's illegal in the UK to give immigration advice if you're not a qualified legal specialist.

    You need to seek legal advice from a professional, such as a solicitor. that's out of the scope of this forum.

    Find an immigration adviser - GOV.UK (

  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 701 Pioneering
    Hi Alex_Scope & Stellar, thank you very much about replay. I do not give details here because it is my private life situation. It is all about  my own mum who is paralysed after stroke which happened 6 years ago. My mum was married to British  and I am British citizen so I didn't give any deepest details because I do not need legal aids.  I was more looking towards life experience of somebody who been in similar situation. Thank you 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.