Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Jue_1969!

Options
Jue_1969
Jue_1969 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have applied for pip in September of 2021 I waited 10 weeks for them to turn me down and have had to do a mandatory reconsideration as the pip I was only given 6 points. For the living and zero for mobility. Has anyone been awarded pip after mandatory reconsideration with only 6 points as I'm not happy with how Capita did my assesment and put things on there that was not true and lied about my medication and how things affect me. I have been deaf since the age of 4 I suffer with menieres disease osteoarthritis and have social anxiety and depression. I've been waiting since 18th of January and I rang them to ask how much longer it will be I was told it can take upto 14 weeks is this correct. Its a long time and making my anxiety worse any advice would be helpful 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Unfortunately that seems to be how long decisions are taking at the moment 

New claims are taking around 10 months to complete then add on around 4 months for mr decisions if you appeal 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Jue_1969,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. I hope @janer1967 was able to answer your question?

I'm sorry to hear about your PIP experience - I understand that waiting for an outcome can be extremely difficult, especially when it's very important to you. Are you currently seeking any support for your mental health? Have you mentioned to your GP about how you're currently feeling? I think it's important to keep them in the loop, as they will be able to offer you professional advice and support. I also wanted to signpost you to some resources that I think could be really helpful for you, these include:
    I hope the above resources are helpful and please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.