LCWRA. Am I entitled to a back payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. Am I entitled to a back payment?

Options
Greenking
Greenking Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello all I’m new and need help in understanding LWCRA. I applied on the 27/11/2021 and received a easement call on the 7/03/2022 it was only a20 minutes call and the next day I got a decision letter informing me of the LWCRA award. I did not give any evidence of my disability to them as they had it all on record. I don’t know what to expect I rang the job center to ask what to do now all she said was u don’t have to come to any appointments or look for work. Now I have been awarded it but the hole time I was making the claim I was on universal credit dose this mean I’m not entitled to a back payment any advice on LWCRA would be grate thanks all

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Greenking and welcome to the community. Thanks for posting your query today.

This information from the 'EntitledTo' website says:

In most cases, the LCWRA element is awarded after a 3 month waiting period beginning on the day you provide medical evidence. If it takes longer than 3 months to carry out your Work Capability Assessment the element you are awarded will be backdated to this point and you will be paid any amount owing. 

Does that make sense, or is there anything that still needs answering? 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,564 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The extra money each month isn't paid at all during the 3 full month assessment period waiting time. It's then paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition.
    When it's paid from will depend on what date you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods. (or when you usually receive your money each month) Based on the limited information you've given then the extra money will be paid from either March or April.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Greenking
    Options
    Alex- scoop that makes some sense thank u I tryed to cancel the claim but the dwp went ahead with it and awarded it to me . Will it interfere with my enhanced payment of PIP and do you know if I have to tell Pip that I received this many thanks for the response 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is unaffected, you do not need to tell them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Greenking
    Options
    Thank u all for ur response on this site 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.