Osteoarthritis walking bone on bone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Osteoarthritis walking bone on bone

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
Hi good morning , went to doctor's appointment yesterday she now trying me on injections into my knees and left hip , hopefully this we'll help with my diagnosis stage 4 arthritis which means I'm walking bone on bone they won't do surgery as I am overweight , on oramorph and MST and gabapentin for pain and nerve damage , things not to good with me at the moment  lot of falls over the last week and half,  so the doctor's 
Hoping that the injections well give me some relief from pain,   I am on weekly injections ☺️
Ajones 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us updated @Ashvinney I hope the injections will help with pain relief too :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Alexander13
    Alexander13 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    I know that you say your overweight and it’s so hard to get weight down with pain of movement. 

Have you asked for a second opinion. I was 44 bmi when they did my first one. 
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    I know the orthopaedic surgeon said my BMI was very high and he could not do it he said I was high high risk due to heart failure or my seizures , before I left he give me injections in to my knee and it did help for week the severe pain again
    Ajones 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bless you @Ashvinney i know how hard it is, it's a battle with every think we try and do.

Hopefully the injection will help a little - i take it you've tried all the self help things to try and ease your pain.
    Like knee supports, hot or cold gels/stick on pads, creams.

I wish you all the luck in the world that they may change their minds and help you.
  • Ashvinney
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thanks yes all that but nothing works , update on my wheelchair , Will  be coming on Tuesday , so that's one good thing I have the OT coming out about my azmat toilet  Tuesday as she said it be better for me as it cleans u , witch  I need as I can't bend my  wrist   
    Ajones 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good news about the wheelchair and toilet @ashvinney :) It sounds as though both of those will be quite helpful to you. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    Have you attended your local pain clinic. If not it might be worth you getting a refrral. I have had OA for about 35 years especially in my hips and knees but now use a powerchair. Medication does help because if I forget to take it I KNOW!  One thing that does help is meditation or some call it mindfullness. Again worth a try. 
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    No it's Aberdeen my ot and my doctor as that done that's why I got the appointment
    Ajones 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.