Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Gooner0605! Been off work due to surgery and an accident at work

Options
Gooner0605
Gooner0605 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited March 2022 in Work and employment
Hi I had major cancer lung surgery in 2021 and Been off work due to the surgery and also an accident at work   I was on full pay until Feb 2022 now that is ended I had a work capability accessment and they now saying I am for for work and need to find a job , I still have a job but my employer won't let me back due to health and safety and still recovering from lung surgery and shoulder surgery in February 2022 I have fit notes until June 2022 but now universal credit is now saying don't need them as I jabs to find a job ( explaining to them till blue in the face I have a job )  but they don't care  now going to stop my money due to be refusing to look for a job cause I have one already   can they over ride a fit note?   Can they make me look for work even though I am employed? ( but due to health and safety I am not allowed to return even work occupational health said I am not allowed to return   this is now stressing me out with constant phone calls   message to my journal  they said in acessement I can use 1 arm and walk more then 20 meters   I am a delivery driver for royal mail bit hard to drive with only one arm    can any one give me some advice  as I this is the first time I have ever claimed government help  thanks dave 
Tagged:

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gooner0605

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? 

Unfortunately, this is not an area of my expertise. This means I can only hope someone with more knowledge in this area is able to respond to you soon.

In the meantime, I wanted to respond to let you know that we hear you and are here for you. Sending you hugs. Please feel free to keep us up to date if you feel comfortable and want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Gooner0605

Welcome to the community, thanks for joining us and I hope you are well today.

Sorry to hear of everything you have been through, it does sound like a bit of a confusing situation so I'm not surprised you've reached out for help. 

I have moved your discussion over to our Work and employment category, which you might find it useful to browse for related discussions. This is a very supportive place, so I'm sure that other members will offer their insight and thoughts about what you are going through.

Have you considered challenging the decision made by UC?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Gooner0605
    Gooner0605 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I was going to challenge it but was asking Arpujd for any information about other people's comments about the same situation    I also have mcmillian cancer  society helping also   thanks foe the reply 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gooner0605

Really pleased to hear you feel supported. It sounds like a tough time and you definitely deserve to feel supported. I am sure people will share their experiences with you in time. Please also note that whilst we cannot always provide practical support, we will always listen. If you want to talk through anything further with us, please don't hesitate  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gooner0605 welcome to the group - this sounds very frustrating, i can not help with advise about this but i think some others will pick up on this and try and help out.
    Good luck from me 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.