Pain management appointment next Thursday — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain management appointment next Thursday

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
Hi I've got an appointment letter saying that I've been put on the waiting list last week for  pain  management then today I got a letter saying they are now able to offer me an appointment at the pain clinic  was really surprised because it was   quick response I'm not sure what the pain management going to be able to do for me so I did say to the doctor that I would go , 
Ajones 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thats fantastic news @Ashvinney nice to hear that you havn't had to wait to long.
    I went years ago and found them very useful and informative.
    Let us know how you get on, would be good to hear how they help these days.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's great that you've got an appointment so quickly @Ashvinney! I share everyone's well wishes. Fingers crossed this'll help you to be able to manage your pain more effectively. It seems as though you've had quite a bit of good news recently :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ashvinney
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Update on what's been happening with the pian management clinic waste of  time so far I've done a video call to do digital appointment and if I pass her then I get a face to face it's just told me to write out because I'm getting very anxious frustrated  to the extent that last night I took a seizure in my wheelchair come  out of it and  the  carers to me were  my head was hitting of the skirting boards banging my head of the floor  things are just getting on top now just getting me down how long does it take to just have an actual appointment these days so anyone  looking  for pain appointment  I won't bother
    Ajones 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Bless you @Ashvinney i hope your okay darling it sounds terrible for you and i so feel for you x

Yep i agree the hospitals and doctors should be opening up "properly" when ever i have had to go to hospital the clinic is empty - this massive backlog is going to cause a lot of other health issues.

Please take care and i hope you are feeling better to-day x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your seizure last night @Ashvinney. How are you feeling today? 

Were the carers able to help keep you safe when you fell onto the floor? 

Fingers crossed you'll be able to get a face to face appointment after your digital one. When is your digital appointment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Not so good 2 siezuire over weekend it's the anxiety and frustration that's the cause  , just have to try claim down and wait to see the out come but it's easier said then done 😢
    Ajones 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Oh @Ashvinney i am sad to hear this, please try and stay calm - find something to take your mind of it all x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.