Hi just some PIP info please :) When will I receive my back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi just some PIP info please :) When will I receive my back pay?

Options
Embers6
Embers6 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, I’ve been reading through this forum for a while and have gained so much helpful advice and thought it was finally time to join! 

On Friday I had a phone call saying I was finally awarded PIP after my MR (over 10 months process so far, also amazing  how you can go from 0 point to higher rate on both parts!) the lady who did my MR was amazing and actually listened and took her time with it all. My first assessor didn’t sound like he gave a toss to be honest. I have multiple chronic autoimmune conditions and Mental
Health issues which affect me big time and have done for a few years now. I think the biggest help was I sent in all my consultant and GP opinion on pip rejection as further evidence. But im over the moon someone finally listened because this process is so stressful. 

Anyway, she said on Friday that the payment had been authorised, so I’m just wondering when I’ll receive my back pay? I’ve seen a lot of people say 3-5 days on here so would that be like Monday/Tuesday? Or later? Just cause of the weekend. 

Thanks to all you helpful lot :)
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,364 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Great news. Yes, it takes 3-5 working days. When you will recieve it will totally depend on when payment was actually made. If it was sent Friday then it will be anytime from Tuesday but only they can tell you for certain why you will receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Embers6
    Options
    Hi,
    Great news. Yes, it takes 3-5 working days. When you will recieve it will totally depend on when payment was actually made. If it was sent Friday then it will be anytime from Tuesday but only they can tell you for certain why you will receive it.
    Thanks so much lovely 😊 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news, well done @Embers6 :) I hope you can breathe a sigh of relief now!

As you've mentioned struggling with your mental health for the past few years, I just wanted to check in to see how you're doing, and whether you feel you're receiving enough support to help you manage your conditions at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Embers6
    Options
    That's great news, well done @Embers6 :) I hope you can breathe a sigh of relief now!

As you've mentioned struggling with your mental health for the past few years, I just wanted to check in to see how you're doing, and whether you feel you're receiving enough support to help you manage your conditions at the moment? 
    Thankyou for your kind message. 

I suppose so, although waiting for my back pay to go in is rather stressful waiting to know when it’ll be there. Unfortunately I struggle with an ED along with other MH problems but I don’t fit nhs criteria for support with my eating (basically  not on my death bed and it’s not anorexia or bulimia it’s more complex) therefore they push me to therapy side… which I’m 2 years in on a waiting list for trauma therapy.. I just try to get by each day but as I’m sure you can imagine it’s not exactly much of a life. I’m only in my early 20s too so I often feel upset when I compare my quality of life compared to others my age. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Embers6 I'm sorry to hear about your feelings around your quality of life. It can be easy to make comparisons with our non disabled peers, especially at this age. I've struggled with this feeling a lot myself over the years.

Social media also contributes a great deal to this feeling I find, but it is only ever a snapshot. All we ever see about other people is the tip of the iceberg, and when we feel they're "doing better", it's normally because we doubt ourselves, or jump to conclusions about how well other people are doing. 

If you were talking to a friend who had the same conditions as you, and felt this way about their life, what would you say? 

I think we all put ourselves down sometimes, and practicing a bit of self care and self love can be really helpful. It's hard to start, but you owe yourself some care and attention too.   
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.