Lwrca and new diagnosis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwrca and new diagnosis

Options
sandybme
sandybme Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I have been claiming lwrca for just over 3 years and standard daily living pip for nearly a year, I have just been diagnosed with severe bam/bad, do I need to up date my journal or wait until I’m asked to go for another review? Nothing has changed from my conditions that got me the lwrca this is a new condition and diagnosis. Thank you 😊

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

A new diagnosis isn't a reason to report a change as its about how your condition affects you 

If you did you would need to report a new condition on your uc and provide fit note and start a new assessment so I would advise to wait till next review 

Pip only report change if you have significantly had changes that would result in maybe getting a higher award if not then again wait for review 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sandybme said:
     I have been claiming lwrca
    You can't get a higher award than this when claiming UC.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.