If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Martin16! I recently applied to PIP and had a score of 0

Options
Martin16
Martin16 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I recently applied for p.i.p benefits dec 2021 I had a telephone assessment and received the notice yesterday 17/3/22 and was amazed to see I had a score of 0 in all the categories I have to appeal and need some advice on how to proceed I have contacted my doctors today and have requested a letter off the doctor can anybody please help on how best to proceed I have 1 month to reply.

Best regards 

Martin 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Your first step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    A letter from your GP isn't the best evidence to send because your GP doesn't spend any time with you to know how you manage activities such as washing/dressing/undressing/preparing a meal/budgeting etc etc.
    What you need to do is give a couple of real world incidents of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 sheet of paper per descriptor that applies to you.
    It will help to have some understanding the PIP descriptors too. Have a read of this. https://pipinfo.net/
    There's also lots of threads in the PIP/DLA catagory that you may want to have a read of.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wishing you a warm welcome to the community @Martin16, it's good to have you aboard.

This is a very supportive and welcoming place so I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part, please feel free to have a browse and get involved wherever you'd like. We have numerous categories, including one relating to PIP, so I'm sure you'll find plenty to get stuck into :) 

I hope the above response has been helpful, and I wish you the best for your MR. This information on the CAB website might be useful, it details the MR process and provides useful resources, including this form from Gov.uk that you can use to request the MR. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.