Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip health consultant did not call me

Options
Fade
Fade Community member Posts: 3 Listener

I should have appointment today 11.45am with dwp about pip claim but no one have called me, I was waiting till 4pm and then I realised that something is wrong so I decided to call number provided on letter, some lady answered the phone and I have asked her what's going on, why no one is calling me... Firstly she said that number I have provided is wrong which is completely ******* then after a while she said that dwp have tried do call me four times but I have not responded...

The funny thing is that yesterday some guy from dwp called me twice on my number to confirm appointment and he even send me a SMS with time and date of my appointment

I don't know what to do now... I been waiting from October last year for this appointment... Im already pip holder but my disability is progressing to the point that there is not much I can do by myself...

Should I call dwp pip tommorow? Or should I seek for help in citizen advice for example...

😕

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

If you rang the number on the top of the appointment letter then it would have been the health assessment providers that you rang. They may well have the wrong number recorded for you, if that's what you were told on the phone.

You should ring PIP to tell them what's happened, just in case your file is returned to DWP as failure to attend.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fade
    Fade Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.