Video Game Accessibility Awards — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Game Accessibility Awards

Options
Alex_Alumni
Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
A post for the gamers in the community :) On 12th March 2022 the second edition of the Video Game Accessibility Awards took place, for games released in 2021.

It's an initiative set up to raise awareness of disabled gamers, and the need to make gaming more inclusive and accessible to everyone. 

Categories included 'improved precision', 'second channel', and 'ability to bypass', all of which I use to make my gaming experience more enjoyable, but did not realise were accessibility features until now! 

It's hosted by Alanah Pearce, popular Twitch streamer, Youtuber and writer at Sony Santa Monica Games, and Steven Spohn, senior director of the charity Able Gamers. It also features many other disabled gamers and advocates, including Ryan Reynolds!

I learnt a lot watching the recording of the awards, and enjoyed the fact that promoting accessibility didn't feel tokenistic or bolted on like other awards shows.

Did you know about the show? Do you think other industries would benefit from accessibility awards? I'd love to know your thoughts, so please feel free to share below.
Online Community Coordinator
Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.