If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Anyone else had a pip mandatory reconsideration outcome told to them over the phone?

Options
keeleypatchett
keeleypatchett Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited March 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good afternoon I did a mandatory reconsideration 6 weeks ago I telephoned pip to see if there is any outcome and the lady said it should be dealt with by the end of the week and that the CM will telephone me This as made me feel very anxious I didn't know they phoned you with an outcome and should I be worried? I feel really sick and my anxiety is sky high. Has anyone else had a phonecall to tell you yes or No?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The person you spoke to was someone from a call centre so they will have very little knowledge. They don't always ring you before making a decision. They will only do this if they have any questions they need to ask. Once the decision's been made you will receive the decision in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • keeleypatchett
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you so much for the advice I've been worrying 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @keeleypatchett thanks for your query today.

I understand why you're worried, I know I was when I was applying for PIP, but I found that finding things to take my mind off the wait really helped.

What do you like to do to feel relaxed? It's easier said than done, but try to focus on other things until the letter arrives. 

Whatever the outcome, we'll be here to support you, so keep us updated if you can :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • keeleypatchett
    Options
    @Alex_Scope thank you so much ☺ and I will keep you updated 
  • keeleypatchett
    Options
    Good morning @Alex_Scope an update on my pip I got my usual amount 21st march I'm waiting to hear about a mandatory reconsideration but I've been in touch today and they're paying me again 14th April 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    That's good @keeleypatchett thanks for the update :) How do you feel about it?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• keeleypatchett
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    Good afternoon you asked me to keep you updated about my mandatory reconsideration for pip well a decision got made and unfortunately they haven't awarded me high rate. This as really hit me hard as I've been waiting all those months 😪 I just don't know what to do 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can appeal to the tribunal service who will then make a decision in place of DWP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • keeleypatchett
    Options
    @calcotti I'm so scared what if they turn me down 
  • keeleypatchett
    Options
    @Alex_Scope I don't feel to good about it really 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @keeleypatchett I'm sorry to hear, apologies for misreading your first update. I know this is upsetting news, so take some time to process it and decide on your next steps.

As calcotti has advised you can make an appeal to the tribunal service. It might be worth using AdviceLocal to search for professional advice, and help reassure you about your chances of a successful appeal.

Turn2Us have great guidance on the Tribunal process which I hope is useful for you. 

If you'd like to talk it through with someone, the Scope Helpline is available to call Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 6pm. Sometimes it really helps to chat to someone.
    Scope

• keeleypatchett
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    Thank you so much for this information 😊
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Before doing anything else you should get some expert advice to check you can score more points for a higher award. https://advicelocal.uk/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • keeleypatchett
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Thank you 
  • keeleypatchett
    Options
    Good afternoon hope you're all well. I'm sorryi haven't posted for a while I've been unwell and suffered frequent panic attacks one lasted 8 hours 😪 the last post I posted was about a mandatory reconsideration unfortunately I didn't get the decision turned over for PIP so I've gone to a tribunal. I've received a date for the hearing which is next Thursday 11th August at 15.00 I'm scared out my wits end. I wanted to know are many tribunal's worth while and is the percentage good for a turn around. I have a representative from disability support which is good im just scared if all of this is for nothing and everything stops. 
    Thank you so much for reading 
    Keeley ☺
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Success rate for Tribunal is around 70%. Do be aware that even though you have a representative, you will be expected to answer all the questions yourself. This is because the Tribunal will want to hear it from you how your conditions affect you.
    What they ask you will depend on how your conditions affect you so i can't help with that part. As you have a rep then they should be able to answer all the questions you have because they will know everything there is to know about your case.
    You may not have a decision on the day, if this happens it's nothing to worry about, it just means they can't make a decision at that time. They will send you the decision letter in the post within around a week, sometimes less.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best wishes for the tribunal @keeleypatchett :) It's good to hear that you're getting support from a representative. Have you been finding them helpful? 

I'm sorry to hear that your panic attacks seem to be affecting you quite a lot at the moment. Are you receiving any support to help you manage them? Have you tried using any self-help techniques, such as grounding? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• keeleypatchett
    Options
    @poppy123456 @Tori_Scope thank you so much for the replies. I will let you know the outcome ☺ I've tried everything for my panic attacks but they are so bad and nothing is working at the moment. My sleeping is terrible too 😫 

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    I'm sorry to read nothing is helping with the panic attacks, have you spoken to your GP or a loved one about how you're feeling at the moment @keeleypatchett

Even though it doesn't sound like much, talking about things can be really helpful in easing stress and anxiety. I hope you can also use the community to help share your worries, so they feel a bit less overwhelming. Please reach out whenever you need to :)
    Scope

• keeleypatchett
    Options
    Thank you so much @Alex my GP is phoning me today 😊
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.