Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP assessors report not right

Options
nikkinoo80
nikkinoo80 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi, I got my assessors report and its not right, it states that i refuse trials for other pain relief when i clearly said nothing so far has worked and i am wanting to try anything but with covid all my appointments had stopped ??? confused ??? in the report i have 11 points for daily and 10 for mobility, but when the dm reads this will the fact it wrongly states i am refusing pain relief go against me?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,119 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They do mostly go with the report but it has been known for them to go against but it's rare. The report is not a decision, just a recommendation. Decision timescales are between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi @nikkinoo80 thanks for reaching out here on the community, as Poppy says, the report is just a recommendation for the decision maker, so nothing is confirmed at the moment. 

I know it's not easy, but try to focus on other things until the decision letter arrives. Do you have anything you find really helps you feel less anxious?

Whatever the result is, we'll be here to support you, and advise you on the next steps to take if you need to.

If you have any questions in the meantime please let us know.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hello now that you have your report and are finding it to be an award lower than expected you now have extra weeks before the official award notification letter arrives to get extra information and evidence to support your MR should you wish to submit one.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    wilko said:
    now that you have your report and are finding it to be an award lower than expected

The assessment report is not the award. It's a recommendation. Although they do mostly go with the report, it has been know for them to go against it.
    Based on the information the OP has given, this doesn't automatically score them more points anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JumpingJames
    JumpingJames Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Options
    They often say things that are not true.
  • nikkinoo80
    Options
    Thank you for your comments but im even more confused now so if you know please tell me, i got my first text to say that dwp have recieved my report ( great stuff ) rang straight away to ask for a copy which i recieved on the 22nd march, then got another text saying dwp have recieved my report on 24th march so rang again and was told my report was only scanned on the 23rd march???? is this a different report or am i finding problems where there are none????

• poppy123456
    Options
    Usually there's only 1 report. However, sometimes the decision maker will return the report back to the health assessment providers if there's any queries, it's rare for them to do this but it does happen. If this did happen then i'm very surprised they sent you a copy.
    The 2nd text could also be an error.
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    What would cause them to send it back to the assessor?
    This may explain an unusual scenario i am having.
    Where dwp describle two slightly different assessments when only one has taken place.
    Could this lead to a situation where two assessments exist on the system if the one that is sent back  to an assessor does not overwrite the original when the assessor sends it back with an adjustment?
    I mean a copy of the first report and  the adjusted version, the fact they are slightly different might prevent the system from identifying  that one should have replaced the other...
  • nikkinoo80
    Options
    Did you recieve a copy of your report? and what makes you think there are 2 reports, really stressing here
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,162 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As Poppy says the assessor's report is just a recommendation. The decision maker will look at everything including your initial claim form. There often appear to be inaccuracies in an assessor's report, but please don't worry; it's difficult, but all you can do is wait for your decision letter.
    It's likely as you've already received the assessor's report that, as Poppy says, the 2nd text was sent in error, so please don't stress.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Get a paper copy of the report.  l recommend checking for inaccuracies. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Get a paper copy of the report.  l recommend checking for inaccuracies. 

The title of the thread is "PIP assessors report not right" so it's already been received.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.