Help completing my pip form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help completing my pip form

Options
Mumto3
Mumto3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi
I am struggling filling in my pip claim form as  I have a lot of complex medical issues and am thinking of doing diary examples for each. Of my issues as there is a lot but can't find any guidance or examples of what to put in them I have been trying to sort it for the last two months any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @mumto3 :) How are you doing today? 

Have you been able to take a look at the above link? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mumto3 - & welcome to the community. I'm concerned that you say you have been trying to complete your PIP for the last 2 months, as normally you have one month in which to do so, tho you can ask for an extension which is usually for an additional 2 weeks.
    As well as Mike's advice at the beginning of the link Teddybear12 posted above, do have a look at the activities/descriptors that are relevant to PIP:  https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf
    A diary for about a week is a good idea to help you realise all the issues you face, but unnecessary to do separate ones for each of your issues, just try to give an understanding about what each day is briefly like. You can either just use this for reference, or send it with your claim form. Remember to put your name & National Insurance number on each page.
    Keep a copy of everything, & get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office when sending your claim form off.

• racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Options
    Mumto3 said:
    Hi
    I am struggling filling in my pip claim form as  I have a lot of complex medical issues and am thinking of doing diary examples for each. Of my issues as there is a lot but can't find any guidance or examples of what to put in them I have been trying to sort it for the last two months any help would be great thanks

I know how hard it is in trying to fill out both the old DLA form as well as the PIP one. It took me 7 years to get my head round to fill out the DLA one after the original claim ceased (time limited) in 2004. For most of those 7 years I spent it in hospital under section and/or as an in patient due to other medical issues.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.