How do Direct Payments work? Do I notify the LA of the hours worked? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do Direct Payments work? Do I notify the LA of the hours worked?

Options
mamalazar1
mamalazar1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Am just wondering does anyone know how Direct Payments works. My little ones Personal Assistant is starting on Sunday coming. I have been informed that account is live and active but I have no idea as this is my first time.  So do I notify the local authorities of the hours the PA worked and they will pay that or are they meant to the account details for me to do it myself? Which I haven't received. 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    It will depend on who's managing the direct payments, yourself or your local Authority.
    If you're managing them yourself then you should have received a bank card and details of how to access the online bank account.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.