If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Copy of my Assessment

Options
tinalou
tinalou Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I had a medical for pip last week and I telephoned for a copy of my report and I am mortified.  I definitely will not receive anything with what shes wrote. Its as if she's describing someone else.  I honestly think I will get 0 points. I'm so upset. I suffer from a number of conditions anxiety,  aggrophobia, depression  among others. An example of what she's wrote - 
Can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided. - my husband prepares all food or I simply won't eat !
Can manage medication unaided.- my husband gives me my meds - I don't even know where they're kept after a suicide attempt.
Can was and bath unaided.  - my husband again encourages me to wash and dress or I wouldn't bother.
Can manage complex budgeting! - not in a million years!!
She has ticked every top box on all forms but the worst of it is she's wrote - not anxious,  agitated,  restless or tense at interview.  Omg !!! I was in floods of tears. I give up

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is the problem when asking for a copy of the report, it often causes more anxiety than you were already experiencing. 
    The assessment report is their opinion based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment. 
    Once the decision is made if you’re not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) 
    Once you have the decision if you need further advice you can post back here and I’m sure someone will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinalou
    Options
    I understand that but shes even wrote things like I do my shopping online and my husband does my shopping!  And I empty my dishwasher- I don't have a dishwasher!!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @tinalou :) 

I'm sorry to hear that reading the report has made you so upset. I know it's far easier said than done, but try not to take it too personally. Many people find that these kinds of statements are made, even when they don't reflect the reality of the situation. You're certainly not alone in feeling frustrated and upset. 

As poppy123456 has said, there are options to challenge the decision once you know what you've been awarded, so all hope isn't lost.

It sounds as though you have a lot on your plate at the moment, so I'm going to send you an email from community@scope.org.uk shortly to see if there's anything we can do to help :) 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• tinalou
    Options
    Thanks. I've received the email and I will look at it in a day or two .
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Of course, no rush @tinalou :) 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.